• User-2109316933 posted

will that make it slow for iis to write to the log file

is that why my site is running slow?

please advise and thanks.

Monday, July 2, 2007 6:16 PM

Answers

• User372121194 posted

Hi Info@learnbartending.com,

As far as I know, it is a little of effect to performance of your web site. I think the most performance questions are raised by web applications. Writing a good performance web application is not easy. There are a couple of helpful articles which can improve performance of your web apps as follows: Writing High-Performance Web Applications. And Improving ASP.NET Performance.

I hope this helps.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2007 12:10 AM

All replies

• User372121194 posted

Hi Info@learnbartending.com,

As far as I know, it is a little of effect to performance of your web site. I think the most performance questions are raised by web applications. Writing a good performance web application is not easy. There are a couple of helpful articles which can improve performance of your web apps as follows: Writing High-Performance Web Applications. And Improving ASP.NET Performance.

I hope this helps.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2007 12:10 AM
  • User-2109316933 posted

ok how about compressing the aspx and aspx.cs files and serving those compressed files?

Friday, July 6, 2007 4:52 PM
  • User372121194 posted

ok how about compressing the aspx and aspx.cs files and serving those compressed files?

Hi info@learnbartending.com,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p><o:p></o:p>Virtual path providers are a new feature of Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0 that enables serving many of the files of a Web site that are not stored in a file system, such as a .Zip file. For more information, see Virtualizing Access to Content: Serving Your Web Site from a ZIP File. I think your web application with this feature will not run slow. The new feature makes sense to use virtual paths instead of directly accessing the file system sometime. If the feature has many problems, the Microsoft SharePoint would not be designed to take advantage of this new feature from the ground up.<o:p></o:p>

I hope this helps.<o:p></o:p>

Saturday, July 7, 2007 3:42 AM