none
BtsCatalog explorer issue :The database or the database version is incompatible with the installed version of this product RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

iam using BtsCatalaogExplorer class to get the receive locations data programatically. i need to enable or disable a receive location programatically in c#. The developed application is working properly for BTS2006 machines

I have developed in VS2005 and for BTS2006 and SQL 2005.

When i pass the connection string like

BTSCaatalogExplorerObject.Connectionstring="Some BTS 2009 server connection string with window authentication"

I am facing an error like "The database or the database version is incompatible with the installed version of this product"

I feel this is an incompatibility between BTS2006 forward compatibility issue with BTS2009. But i dont have any idea on this.

Can anyone help me to understand like why my application is working for SQL2005 BTS 2006 boxes and not working for SQL2008 BTS2009 boxes?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.dll of a specific BizTalk version can only access the specific version of the databases of that BizTalk version.
    So you cannot use ExplorerOM.dll from BTS 2006 to access a BTS 2009 database.

Manuel

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 11:04 AM
  • Thanks fro your reply,

I have read that this ExplorerOM dll should be used only on 32 bit machines and it is not designed for 64bit machines from MSDN.

Is there any other dll which i can use for this purpose? or please let me know how can i achieve my receive locations enabling or disabling solution?
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:25 AM
  • It is true, ExplorerOM does not worjk with 64bit.

For your purpose (enabling receive location) you can use WMI from C# quiet easily.

The new BiZTalk Hotrod magazine actually explains how to use WMI from C#
    http://biztalkhotrod.com/Documents/Issue7_Q3_2009.pdf

The core WMI classes are here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560069(BTS.10).aspx

I am sure they are already samples out there for your purpose, if you bing it. Usually they are in vbs though, so you have to adapt it to C#.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:20 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I will try this way.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 2:36 AM
  • Manuel, yes you are correct, WMI classes work fine only when sql server is setup on the same machine as BTS. Since 2 weeks, I am struggling to make my wmi code works without success. When my code is trigged against a BTS server with its own DB, WMI works like a charm but running the same code against a BTS server that uses a remote sql, I get  

Internal error from OLEDB provider: "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'."

I tried everything tips, instructions, tutos , NO way.

I opened a thread her at MS forums

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/1dcceabc-8098-411b-b4cc-e5e3aa2a057e/not-able-onnect-to-sql-using-anonymous-login-not-able-to-enable-anonymous?forum=sqldataaccess&prof=required

You can notice, no solution so far. That is why I tried to go with an alternative solution and using Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM so again I hit a concrete block wiith this incompatibility issue as I have on my desktop BTS2k16 and trying to access BTS2K13

Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.BtsException
    HResult=0x80131600
    Message=The database or the database version is incompatible with the installed version of this product.

Monday, December 2, 2019 8:16 AM