Is the Developer Toolbar a Frontpage replacement? RRS feed

• Question

• In the Microsoft Download Newsletter today, I see that "The Microsoft Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar provides a variety of tools for quickly creating, understanding, and troubleshooting Web pages."  Ever since support for Frontpage was dropped, I've been looking for a replacement.  This sounds like it is just what I need. In fact, it sounds like it has even more capability than Frontpage.   This seems too good to be true. What am I missing?

(I looked around for more documentation on what it does, but apparently didn't look far enough, so all I have to go on is the above...)

Ken
    Friday, May 11, 2007 11:56 PM

Answers

• IE Dev Toolbar is a tool to analyse and debug web pages, while Frontpage is a web site design application, that now gets replaced by Microsoft Expression Web.
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:57 PM

All replies

• IE Dev Toolbar is a tool to analyse and debug web pages, while Frontpage is a web site design application, that now gets replaced by Microsoft Expression Web.
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Thanks, that helps! From what you say, it looks like the word "creating" should be removed from the description to avoid confusion. 

Ken
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:21 PM
  • I partly agree - during professional creation of a web site, you usually need to debug and fix issues. ;-)
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:42 PM