none
Windows 2008 Group Policy Content Advisor slow internet access third party App.

Question

• Hi Guys,

Let me give you the setup.

200 computer Win 7 pro
    IE9 installed
    Content Advisor enabled to block All internet traffic Except Allowed.
    Third party app that uses default internet connection HTTP and HTTPS.

Problem: The problem is that when I enable Content advisor to block all internet access except allowed website we find that they is a delay with the third party app. This delay can be from 3 - 10 seconds and is intermittent in its effect.

What I would like to know if anyone know why this is happening and how to get around it. Please note that the sites the third party app requires are in the content advisor allowed list.

Thanks for any answers.

Craig

Craig

Friday, June 21, 2013 6:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

download fiddler... http://fiddler2.com and monitor the outbound traffic. With fiddler you can choose which process you want to monitor, not just IE.

or

Adjust your Windows Firewall settings to prompt for any outbound requests to determine what is raising them.

this forum is for questions about html, css and scripting for web site development... I'm not sure where you should ask...perhaps a support ticket or the third party app vendor.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, June 21, 2013 7:28 AM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response. I always have problems locating the right forum to place articles.

I am not sure your suggestion will help as we know the application having the problem we just do not understand why, when IE Content security is implemented that there is up to a 10 Sec delay on traffic flow.

Craig

Craig

Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:48 PM
  • Hi,

I think this ended up being an issue with DNS servers setup.

Craig 

Craig

• Marked as answer by Craig Garland Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:11 PM
    Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:11 PM