none
Deploy BizTalk 2016 applications using deployment framework for BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All Experts,

I am trying to deploy the BizTalk solution through BizTalk deployment framework and I am getting below error. Can someone please suggest what to do here.

UndeployOrchestrations:
      Adding assembly name 'MDR.Common.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2e630df4a44fc42a' to item group.
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk 5.7\Framework\DeployTools\gacutil.exe" /u "MDR.Common.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2e630df4a44fc42a"
      Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 4.0.30319.1
      Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

No assemblies found matching: MDR.Common.Orchestrations, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2e630df4a44fc42a
      Number of assemblies uninstalled = 0 
      Number of failures = 0

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1624,5): 
    error MSB4018: The "GenerateAssemblyNamesItemGroup" task failed unexpectedly.
    [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1624,5): 
    error MSB4018: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MDR.Common.Transforms.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the path specified. [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018: File name: 'MDR.Common.Transforms.dll' ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s) [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile) [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at DeploymentFramework.BuildTasks.GenerateAssemblyNamesItemGroup.Execute() [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext() [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:  [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:  [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]
    Done Building Project "C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj" (Deploy target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj" (Deploy target) (1) ->
    (UndeployTransforms target) -> 

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1624,5): error MSB4018: The "GenerateAssemblyNamesItemGroup" task failed unexpectedly. [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MDR.Common.Transforms.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the path specified. [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018: File name: 'MDR.Common.Transforms.dll' ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s) [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile) [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at DeploymentFramework.BuildTasks.GenerateAssemblyNamesItemGroup.Execute() [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

error MSB4018:    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext() [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]

0 Warning(s)
        1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:18.76

Thanks, Rohit Gaikwad BizTalk Developer

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:15 PM

All replies

• Did you build the project before you deploy using BTDF? BTDF won't build projects automatically. 
    Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:20 PM
  • Yes I build the project before deploying. It was successfully built.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:22 PM
  • Seems fairly clear,  it is not actually creating the BTDF package "Build FAILED."

You need to look in your btdfproj file and see where it expects to find that DLL, e.g. what is the LocationPath set to?   Does the location exists and is there a DLL with the correct name there?

Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:09 AM
  • Hi Colin/All Experts,

I think I am missing something (some  prerequisites) before deploying the solution. I have not created any host or host instances in BizTalk 2016 server and also binding files from BizTalk 2013 server are not properly imported to BizTalk 2016 server. Can you tell me the exact process for deploying the solution or and what prerequisites should be completed before deploying.

Friday, September 27, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hi Rohit

Just import the Bindings from your 2013 server and then rename that file as PortBindingsMaster.xml. Then open the settingsfilegenerator.xml in Microsoft Excel and create the binding parameters and their values. Now open the portbindingsmaster.xml file in Visual studio or any other editor and replace the hardcoded port values with the binding parameter names that are present in the settingsfilegenerator.xml. make sure the parameter names in portbindingsmaster.xml start with a $. 

Check this out, this has good information on how to use BTDF.

https://blogs.biztalk360.com/understanding-biztalk-deployment-framework-introduction/ 

Rama (Currently breathing .NET)

• Edited by Rama.NET Friday, September 27, 2019 2:38 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 2:36 PM
  • Is this a BTDF project you updated from BizTalk 2013?    

If the correct Host and Host Instances, and Adapters configured to them don't match the bindings, then yes it will fail to import the bindings, but then you would get a different error and during deployment and not build.  In that case you either have to manually do these, or script the creation / configuration in something like PowerShell, and have your BTDF package run that.

Have you resolved your original error?

Monday, September 30, 2019 3:37 AM
  • HI Rama,

I now manually created host and host instances and WCF Custom adapter. I reanmed the Bindings from 2013 server as PortBindingsMaster.xml. My settingsfilegenerator.xml file looks like this ,

DO you have any sample file of this. I don't know how to create and what data it should have.

Monday, September 30, 2019 6:44 AM
  • HI Colin,

Yes my original error is resolved. But now it is failing for some different reason. Every time I resolve one error another error gets popped up. However now I am clear at one point that I am not deploying the solution properly some prerequisites are still not met and I am working on that.For now I have creates the host and host instances manually. I am now trying to create send ans receive ports but facing issue while creating a send port. I have posted a different question. Please do reply.

Monday, September 30, 2019 11:26 AM
  • Your settings file should contain an entry for each entry that is different between environment.

e.g.  You have a SendPort called, SendInvoice, which needs to send to a different server depending on Environment, \\DevServer\foldername  \\TestServer\foldername  \\ProductionServer\foldername

So you either create an entry in your Environment Settings called SendInvoice_Path, and replace the contents of <Address>\\DevServer\foldername</Address> with <Address>${SendInvoice_Path}</Address> 

Or, for some you will want to create more than one variable, e.g. for Adapters that have settings for Server and path separately, e.g Invoice_Server and Invoice_Path  <Address>sftp://${Invoice_Server}/{$Invoice_Server}</Address>  and also the entries in the ReceiveLocationTransportTypeData or ReceivePipelineData where they exist.

Monday, September 30, 2019 9:24 PM