none
where is compatibility view list registry? (windows7 , 32bit, IE11) RRS feed

• Question

IE version : 11

hello, i want to add compatibility view list to registry  by using c#.

but i can't find where is compatibility view list registry?

Thursday, May 24, 2018 5:22 AM

All replies

• Hi buffering,

>but i can't find where is compatibility view list registry?

Do you means you want to find compatibility view list in registry? We can find compatibility view list in "Registry Editor". Here is the full path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\BrowserEmulation\ClearableListData 

If you want to use c# code to get this list or add a new value to the list. Please refer to this thread

Best Regards,

Jambor

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 25, 2018 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

you use GPO to configure browser settings on a domain network. To manage legacy intranet websites in IE11 (win7-10) you should also be using Enterprise Site Mode lists.

type

about:compat

in IE to list your enterprise compatibility settings. The setting.... "Display intranet sites in compatibility view" will force all hosts that are mapped to the Intranet zone to use IE7 emulation.....

Use the f12>Emulation tab, to determine which IE Emulation mode the current host is using and how it was established...

eg.

IE7 - display intranet sites in Compatibility view

or

IE8 Enterprise - Enterprise site mode list

For public access websites (reachable by the public) you can use x-ua meta or headers to force IE clients to use a lower emulation mode on hosts or individual web pages. There are also compatibility lists that MS maintains...

check "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" on the Compatibility View Settings dialog.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, May 27, 2018 9:38 PM