IE-conditionals in IE 11 Developer Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 
    Since updating to Windows 8.1 and Explorer 11, the developer tools just ignores html-conditionals.

<!--[if IE 8]>
    <html class="ie ie8" lang="sv-SE">
    <![endif]-->

Works fine in a "proper" ie8 browser and other emulating services like say, browserstack. But since the new update it doenst work properly.

Asked this in another forum here and got directed here instead. He also provided me with the answer that IE10 and onwards ignores conditionals.

How do I get conditionals to work in IE11 developer tool? Kind of pointless to emulate IE8 if it ignores conditionals, when the real thing reads it..
    Have someone got this working?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:57 PM

All replies

• var sAns=(document.documentMode>=10)?'IE conditional comments are ignored':'IE Conditional Comments are supported';

Rob^_^

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:17 PM
  • Kind of pointless to emulate IE8 if it ignores conditionals, when the real thing reads it..

Have someone got this working?

I agree with this. What's the point if it doesn't work the same? Makes me feel like I can't trust that the site will work right even if I tried to test it.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:17 AM
  • This is indeed a regression in the IE11 F12 Developer Tools' emulation mode; IE10 did not suffer this limitation.

I raised this issue on the MVP call with the IE engineering team this morning. They're looking into it.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:40 PM