none
IE7 - File Not Found ieframe.dll\1

Question

• Hello,

After upgrading to IE7, all of my programs with the "Microsoft Internet Controls" (i.e. Webbrowser) are breaking when I load them in code (compiled still works though).  I get the following error:

"File Not found 'C:\Windows\system32\ieframe.dll\1'

However, if i look in my references, all I can find that is there is the reference to shdocvw.dll, no ieframe dll. If I open a new project and add the controls, then I get the same error.  To me there is something broken between the two.  The strange thing is, it worked fine yesterday. I don't have my computer set to do automatic updates and I didn't do any updates last night.

Anyone else having this issue? 

Regards,

Ryan

Friday, October 20, 2006 2:06 PM

Answers

• i searched the registry for "ieframe.dll\1" an removed the "\1" from the found key
    now working

greetz
    Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:09 PM

All replies

• Surprisingly a reinstall of IE 7 fixed this for me??  It replaced the same files ieframe.dll & shdocvw.dll (checked versions & dates).

?????

Just thought I would pass this on.

Regards,

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:41 PM
  • I've re-installed IE7 and it worked once. However on the second build the error came up again
    Tuesday, November 7, 2006 6:57 AM
  • I have the same problems but I can't fix them. What's more disconcerting is how many support phone calls I'm about to receive when all my applications stop working. Do I just tell users to uninstall IE7 and go back to IE6? Does anybody know how to fix this?
    Friday, November 24, 2006 9:19 PM
  • Anyone else having this issue? 

Regards,

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:34 PM
  • Yes - most frustrating - am looking forward to some one discovering a quick fix or confirming that reinstall of IE7 does work.
    Friday, December 1, 2006 7:28 PM
  • So has anyone found a solution to this problem as of yet. Today is the first day I got back into vb6 since I installed IE7, and I am just now getting this error. I think it also made my webbrowser control disappear off my form... As you stated, I don't want to be getting calls about my program not working when IE7 is installed and I have nothing to tell them, nor a fix to release.

Thanks.

Sunday, December 3, 2006 11:20 PM
  • One of the changes in IE7 included seperating shell and IE code out of Shdocvw. The new IE-only library is IEFrame.dll, so that is where the problem is potentially starting. Unfotunately, I can't repro you're issue here on my machine to give you an exact answer, but here are some ideas to try:

Try removing your references to the WebBrowser control, then adding new ones based on the new libraries.

If you are using the .NET framework, try removing the control, then instead of adding the webbrowser ".NET assemby", use the COM equivelent or import the IEFRAME/MSHTML components individually.

Regardless, let me know what environments you are building in so I can attempt to reproduce the problem here and give you a better answer.

-Reza

Monday, December 4, 2006 12:31 AM
  • I'm using Visual Basic 6, and I'm not on that machine at the momment so I cant give you the exact version yet or which update version it is at. I'll grab all of that for you as soon as I get back to the other machine if you still need it. Appreciate the help.
    Monday, December 4, 2006 2:37 AM
  • I found this solution on another site, and it worked for me.

In IE7, they have separated the library and code for the browser out of ieframe.dll. In the project references, I changed the reference for "Microsoft Internet Controls" from the ieframe.dll to shdocvw.ocx (browse for it in the same folder), saved my project, reopened it, and no longer received the errors.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006 2:49 PM
  • How do I open "Project References", and/or where do I find "Microsoft Internet Controls"?
    Sunday, December 10, 2006 12:39 AM
  • Please note the above problem does not seem to affect Pre-IE 7-Installation compiled programs.

Basically once you save your project with IE 7 installed its going to get corrupted!!!

What I did was, go onto another computer with IE 6 installed (Or you can just "add and remove programs" uninstall IE 7 - this reverts you to your previously installed version, in my case IE 6) I copy and pasted all my code from my corrupted VB program into another new program, recreated forms and saved (under this IE 6 environment)
    program works successfully, removed IE 7 from my computer retried program and it works. Needless to say IE 7 is not being reinstalled at this time. Please note the corrupted programs do not work under IE 6.
    Notes: Ok in my experience uninstalling and reinstalling IE 7 did not work, did multiple times. Going to the Project menu in Visual Basic then References. Looking for Microsoft Internet Controls, clicking,  then browsing from ieframe.dll to shdocvw.DLL did not work (VB programs under IE 6 link to shdocvw.OCA, I did not search for this file under IE 7. Someone can try this by resetting from the default file browser filter to *.*) maybe linking to the  OCA file under IE 7 will work like someone said in a post above. Please inform us if it does.

Hopefully this post will help countless others continue to do their work productively and not waste the hours I've wasted trying to find a solution.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:47 AM
  • I have the same problem after i updgrading to IE7. My VB6 program with "Microsoft Internet Controls" will not function well.

Here are the step I make to solve the problem:
    1) Reference the "Microsoft Internet Controls" from "C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll\1" to "C:\Windows\System32\shdocvw.dll". Save your VB6 project.
    2) Run your VB6 project. Re-install your IE7 if got any "runtime error" occurred. (Most possible it will trigger an error while you try to "navigate" using the Webbrowser for the second time.)
    3) After you re-installed the IE7, the VB6 project will properly refering back to the "C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll" again. Don't worry about it and you should run the project perfectly without any error.
    4) Try to compile your VB6 project then Save it.
    5) Re-open your VB6 project again, if it run well, then the problem solved. If it is not, try to do the step one again and then save your VB6 project.

I don't know either this help most of you or not, but at least this solved my problem on this.
    Sunday, December 17, 2006 5:42 PM
  •  just4kicks wrote:

I found this solution on another site, and it worked for me.

In IE7, they have separated the library and code for the browser out of ieframe.dll. In the project references, I changed the reference for "Microsoft Internet Controls" from the ieframe.dll to shdocvw.ocx (browse for it in the same folder), saved my project, reopened it, and no longer received the errors.

I found this to be a very good work around, only difference is when I went into the file menu: 'Project', 'Components', I click browse and selected the file (from C:\windoes\system32\) SHDOCVW.dll not .ocx as I didn’t have the ocx (might be a typo from OP) and that seemed to cure my problem! :) I did however have to (FIRST) remove the old broken web component from my form, SAVE the project, close it. Then I re-opened the project and did the above and then added the web component back to the form from the toolbar, once re-added.

Touch wood no problems so far, have saved, compiled and re-opened the project a number of times and no error and all running fine.

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:35 PM
  • Same problem here. This fix worked for me.

Opened the vb project, ignored the errors, deleted the control from the form (remember the control name though), save project and close VB.

Open VB and project, add reference to C:\windows\system32\ieframe.OCA, save project and close VB

Open VB and project, the new web browser control appears. Add control to project and rename it (with original control name to keep the code intact)

No problems since.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:21 PM
  • I started getting this message after installing IE7, but it was in a VB group with two projects and neither of them had a reference to Microsoft Internet Controls.

To get round it, I added the reference to both projects (checked the box in Project References for both of them) then exited saving the project and group files.

I then reopened the group and removed the references again (error message had gone already), and resaved.  Projects now compile and run OK with no errors, but I don't know why I got the error in this particular one, as I have worked on several with no problems since upgrading to IE7.

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:33 AM
  • i searched the registry for "ieframe.dll\1" an removed the "\1" from the found key
    now working

greetz
    Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:09 PM
  •  da_dPC wrote:
    i searched the registry for "ieframe.dll\1" an removed the "\1" from the found key
    now working

greetz

Hi,

Work good for my!

thx

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:27 PM
  • worked for me too! quite simple solution for a big problem.
    Monday, January 1, 2007 10:42 PM
  • Hello...

I've just read all the 19 messages and i realized that all of them  are about vb6 project.

well in my case i'm having  problems when i'm trying to make an installer in vb.net 2003

First of all. I add a "proyect of installation and implementation"  then i add the project that is gonna take part of the installer. When i finish that then I start the deploy and inmediately i got this error "the file c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll may have dependencies. make sure the dependencies are in the project".

I click the button "accept" and the installer finish. Then when i try to install the program in a machine that already has installed the IE7 i got this error

"Application has generated an exception that couldn't be handled

process id = 09xc8(2504), thread id  = oxd50(3408)."

I tried many ways to solve this problem. I used what others said, like instead of ieframe.dll put the shdocvw.dll but it doesn't work for me.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 1:00 AM
  • I hear two solution paths.  Either don't develop with IE7 installed on the development machine or rebuild the application with a reference to SHDOCVW.dll instead of ieframe.dll.  OK.  Before I take a fork in the road... Can VB webbrowser applicatons compiled with IE7 installed and with the SHDOCVW.dll reference run perfectly well on client machines running either IE6 or IE7?

Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:00 PM
  • Where did you search the ieframe.dll\1 rgistry?

Thanks

Thursday, February 1, 2007 7:26 PM
  • nice, worked fine 4 me

Thnx-a-Mega

Fer

MCSE/MCSD/MCDBA (so it's worth a lot 2 me ;-))

Monday, February 5, 2007 11:14 AM
  • The registry edit seems to do the trick.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

For those that don't want to search the registry:
     - copy the code below into notepad (between the lines),
     - save that as "IEFrameFix.reg"
     - double click the file you just created, it'll automatically fix the registry for you.
    (No warrenties or guarantees implied) :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1]
    @="Microsoft Internet Controls"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32]
    @="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ieframe.dll"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks da_dPC

• Proposed as answer by JokoPA Monday, March 11, 2013 1:08 PM
    Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:04 PM
  • This worked for me:

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11795

Here's a easy solution to the IE7 problem with VB6 web browser.

posted by da_dPC from the Microsoft forum

i searched the registry for "ieframe.dll\1" an removed the "\1" from the found key
    now working

Monday, February 26, 2007 8:41 AM
  • Thanks, you are an angle.

I like simple solutions

Sunday, March 4, 2007 2:59 AM
  • It is a pretty good solution. Work nicely. All you have to do is remove your existing control and add this control both in reference / components. Use the component with the same name so that you need nothing to change in your existing code. It just works.

Thanks just4kicks.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 2:07 PM
  • Hey everyone.

I use vb6 and all of the sudden my application crashes with a Run-time error when I try to browse using my web browser control.  I've never had this problem before and just recently installed IE7... this has to be the same or related to what you are talking about.

I tried searching my registry for ieframe.dll\1 and it was not found. I've tried deleting the control, removing the reference to ieframe.oca and the component for Microsoft Internet Controls (which I think was ieframe.dll), saving, exiting vb6, reopening vb6, and then readding ieframe.dll and ieframe.oca, and then readding the control (giving it the same name as before), and had the same problem.  I tried this same thing again only I added shdocvw.dll instead of ieframe.dll the second time and I still get the same error.

any ideas?

Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:56 AM
  •  da_dPC wrote:
    now working

greetz
    Before I saw these posts, I just went into my Components, and selected the 'Microsoft Internet Controls' item in the list.  At the bottom of the Components window it said 'Location: C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll'.  So, I just selected the Browse button and selected the shdocvw.dll.  Now that 'Microsoft Internet Controls' points to the shdocvw.dll file, and not the ieframe.dll file.

I did not need to delete the IE Control from any forms first because I just pointed to a new Location that was the same control, but from the other (shdocvw.dll) file.

I then did a search for 'ieframe.dll\1' through my entire registry and did not find it anywhere.  I didn't believe this, so I did a search for just 'ieframe.dll'.  It was found many times, without the /1 on the end.  I had to press F3 to keep searching for the next instance, but none of them had the /1 on the end.

So, I am guessing that the change I made on the Components window removed the /1 in the registry?  Just a guess.

But this was sure an easy fix.  I recompiled, and it tested fine on my XP SP2, IE 7 pc.  I'm sending it to a users who has a IE 6 setup for testing today.  So, my tests are not complete yet.  But the Components change seems to have made the fix described to the registry....

I'll post back with his IE 6 test results....
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 1:31 PM
  • This helped me, Thanks Ramakin.

Friday, March 30, 2007 3:39 AM
  • I too am facing a similar problem though the reference issue is sorted out by poining to shdocvw.dll The problem is that if I use Webbrowser.Navigate "http://www.microsoft.com" function, I get a runtime error. Does this persist if I use ieframe.dll by changing the registry. Has anyone tested this.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Regards,

Vibhu Bansal

(Technical Head - FoundLostMoney.net, itsyssolutions.com)

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:55 AM
  • Genius Ryan!

Thanks for posting a fix.  Fabulous, thanks...

KöllMorgan

Thursday, April 12, 2007 4:13 AM
  • I am having a different problem.  I have a spy checker that keeps popping up telling me      ieframe.dll    is trying to load.  I am using IE Ver 7.  Should I allow it or block it??"

Thanks in advance. 

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 5:35 PM
  • If you're still interested in this ... I had this problem too, I found a reference in the registry however and removed the 1
    Monday, May 7, 2007 5:43 PM
  • I have made an automated fix for this problem. You just run a .bat file and it does the rest. Or if you so desire I included instructions on how to do it manually. Here is a link: http://electrointellect.net/download/fix-ie7-errors-in-vb6/

Hope this helps, Enjoy!

• Proposed as answer by SPY-3 Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:38 PM
    • Edited by SPY-3 Sunday, September 3, 2017 1:10 PM Fixed link
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:38 PM
  • Hey,

I got .Net and VB6 both installed on my system with IE7 and I am getting this same run-time error -2 (fffffffe).

I have checked inside references and my internet control is pointed to SHDocVW.dll which sounds right. I dont know why i'm still getting the error.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Friday, May 18, 2007 3:41 PM
  • The reference should be to ieframe.dll, not shdocvw.dll for IE7.

This will still add the same ShDocVw namespace, but its the one that's imported from ieframe.dll.

-Reza

Friday, May 18, 2007 11:15 PM
  • I have had the same problem as you Ryan...I want to download a fix, but I have alot riding on the computer and I do not want to lose a thing
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:27 AM
  • If you do the registry lookup for the "ieframe.dll\1", just export that key or branch before you make changes.  This way you can rollback if required.

With that fix, I didn't have to reboot or anything (i had to restart the program, but I can live with that). If you find my post on page 2 I have all the registry key changes that you have to make there.  That way you will know what is going on. Other then that, you probably need to try something to fix it.

Surprisingly, I haven't had this happen again for a while now, it used to happen like clock work (once a week).  Make me think that one of the updates for IE7 fixed this.

Regards,

Ryan

Friday, June 1, 2007 12:52 PM
  • >>>Either don't develop with IE7 installed on the development machine

I always love responses from developers like this.  So "Don't embrace new technology" rather stick with the old and keep going through the pains or lack thereof of functionality that IE 7 provides such as nice tabbing, etc.  I happen to like new advances (so what, there is always risks and work arounds that we have to figure out, even with existing...so it all meshes into the same boat)... and a browser which most everyone is going to switch to and which I should be developing with now, to make my life easier later because I already know the "Ins and Outs" with IE 7.  Makes more sense to figure a work around than not to use IE 7 at all.  At least that's my take.  Just because you're coding in old code is no reason why you should have to downgrade any new advances with IE or any other app for that reason.

The easy way out to me is just an excuse.  Why not try to figure out how to get it to mesh, so that you can take advantage and make your life easier with new advances in technology.  So what, it slows you down just a bit to "figure it out",  but you know what?  You are better for it both in your career and just simply able to do things esier rather you 'd like to admit it or not.  I love people who say oh, it was easier in that old technology because I didn't have this or that problems that I have now that I upgraded.  So what!  The reason to struggle through change, is to ulitimately improve your experience as a coder and for your customers and at the end of the day, you will like that you can do things easier, faster, etc.  I believe that new things at least on the Microsoft side have always been for the better..so why not embrace now, or struggle and scatter later when everyone else is already caught up?  Just makes no sense to me why people just take the lazy way out.

Monday, June 4, 2007 9:07 PM
  • Hey, thanks, it worked for me to, the registry key was:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32\

remove the  \1  from the standard  as described by you and you can add the Microsoft Internet control.

Thanks again

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:48 PM
  • I had the same problem opening a project. I have IE 7 installed. I was able to solve the problem by disabling the tabbed browsing settings in the internet options | general | tabs | settings.  Go figure!!
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:09 PM
  • I have got the same error. I copyed shdocvw.dll from my friend's system, and it works well.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:26 PM
  • Ramakin you were right, that worked, I opend the project and went and browsed for shdocvw.dll and added it to the project window and my project is working again, thank you for your help...

Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:49 AM
  •  Ryan Slimmon wrote:

The registry edit seems to do the trick.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

- double click the file you just created, it'll automatically fix the registry for you.
    (No warrenties or guarantees implied) Smile

Thanks da_dPC

Thx Ryan Slimmon and da_dPC for that update Smile
    This woks perfectly!

Saturday, December 1, 2007 1:48 PM
  • How to open Microsoft Internet Controls and change the reference?

Thanks,

Knight

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:40 PM
  •  Ramakin wrote:

just4kicks wrote:

I found this to be a very good work around, only difference is when I went into the file menu: 'Project', 'Components', I click browse and selected the file (from C:\windoes\system32\) SHDOCVW.dll not .ocx as I didn’t have the ocx (might be a typo from OP) and that seemed to cure my problem! Smile I did however have to (FIRST) remove the old broken web component from my form, SAVE the project, close it. Then I re-opened the project and did the above and then added the web component back to the form from the toolbar, once re-added.

Touch wood no problems so far, have saved, compiled and re-opened the project a number of times and no error and all running fine.

Did this as well, It seems to have fixed the problem, thanks for the help on this matter. They should have patched a few things if you ask me >.<

Sunday, February 3, 2008 6:52 AM
  • This works! I'm working with a programmer on a project created 8 years ago (in 2000) in VB6. Now we both have IE7, and the frame of the project that included a browser control was not working for him (although, mysteriously, it worked for me). SHDOCVW.dll did the trick!
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 1:32 AM
  • Thanks Hong,

i followed this steps and it it works perfectly....

gr8 solution.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 1:27 PM
  • I just suffered the same problem.
    Thanks for the post.
    Worked well.
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:03 PM
  • I have read every post in this thread, and I cannot get the solution to work for me.

If I remove the WebBrowser control from my project's form, deselect Microsoft Internet Controls from the Project >> Components Dialog, and make sure the reference is removed from Project >> References. That should
    give me a fresh start.

I close the project, re-open it, go to Project >> Components and select the shdocvw.dll version of Microsoft Internet Controls, as everyone here suggests. Then if I open Project >> References, I see that a reference to Microsoft Internet Controls has been added automatically, and it points to c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\ieframe.oca . I cannot deselect that reference because it is "in use". If I try to point it to shdocvw.dll, then it adds a reference to that dll but, the original reference to ieframe is still there, and still cannot be removed.

So, trying to use the shdocvw.dll has no effect. My project won't work with IE7 because the BeforeNavigate2 event won't fire, and the person who originally wrote the application relied on that event pretty heavily.

If I start fresh again, removing the control and the reference to Microsoft Internet Controls from Project >> Components and Project >> References, then close the project and re-open it, then go to Project >> Components and try to point the project to either ieframe.dll or ieframe.oca, instead of shdocvw.dll, I immediately recieve an error that says "The file: 'c:windows\system32\ieframe.oca' was not registerable as an ActiveX Component. (I get the same for ieframe.dll file).

What can I possibly do to get past this rediculous situation? I have wasted two days on this already.

I would appreciate immensely ANY advice ANYONE can give.

Thank you

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:55 PM
  • An update to my trials...

I found the registry entry that was pointing to ieframe.oca, and changed it to point to shdocvw.dll. So, now if I go to Project >> Components, and select shdocvw.dll, then go to Project >> References I see that a reference to Microsoft Internet Controls has been automatically added, but now it points to c:Windows\System32\shdocvw.dll.

Unfortunately, I get the same behavior as before. If I run the project, the functionality that relies on BeforeNavigate2 when the project tries to redirect, doesn't work because the BeforeNavigate2 event doesn't fire.

Interestingly, when the form loads the BeforeNavigate2 event DOES FIRE. But if a user selects a button on the form that should redirect them (Document.Location.Replace("someAddress")), nothing happens.

I am stumped.

(By the way, this is a VB6 project that works perfectly when IE6 is installed and not IE7)
    Friday, March 14, 2008 3:17 PM
  • I had a similar issue and found that if I do a "C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 shdocvw.dll" and then opened the project it worked for me. It appeared that the install of IE7 didn't fully register the dll in my case. Some of the other developers on my team installed IE7 a second time and they were able to build the VB6.0 app. Before I did the register of the dll my References for the Microsoft Internet Controls was shdocvw.oca and after it was updated to ieframe.oca. (note: there is a ieframe.dll that is present in the system32 directory but it is not directly identified in any of the references or controls as far as I can see, you may want to try to register that dll like I did the above one.)

If I look at the components my Microsoft Internet Controls both reference the shdocvw.dll.

I didn't have to do anything to the registry because when you register the dll's it will automatically update the registry with all the documented COMM information that the file contains.

I was able to open the project fine after my regsvr32 action and it built fine as well.

Hope this helps.

Friday, March 21, 2008 10:04 PM
  • Most awesome quick fix... thank you very much.  Registered to thank you. 

Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:17 PM
  •  

I was getting exactly the same issue.  To fix it I simply unregistered and then re-registered shdocvw.dll.
    Wednesday, April 9, 2008 10:45 AM
  •  da_dPC wrote:
    now working

greetz

Found two references in registry, removed the "\1" and it works perfectly.

Cheers
    Rab
    Monday, April 14, 2008 9:57 AM
  • Gee, I must be stupid cause I am lost with your post.  What is VP etc.  I am having problems with IE7 and think it's horrible since I am on a dial-up connection where I live.  It's almost sucidal how bad it is, however, the IE7 is the pitts as far as I'm concerned.  Any help with the Ieframe.dll problem in layman's terms would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 7:37 AM
  • I have made an automated fix for it. You just run a .bat file and it does the rest. Or if you so desire I included instructions on how to do it manually. Here is a link Tiamat Studios Visual Basics IE7 Fix.
    You can visit my website here: http://tiamat-studios.net
    • Proposed as answer by SPY-3 Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:36 PM
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 3:18 AM
  • Thanks problem is solved....

----------------------------------------------
    http://www.eddytools.com
    http://www.eddytools.org
    Tuesday, May 6, 2008 11:14 AM
  • Thanks it is  useful.Also thanks to vikas gupta of galileoindia

• Proposed as answer by diablo841 Friday, June 26, 2009 9:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 7:05 AM
  • This solution worked !!

Kudos to u Ramakin...

Sunday, June 8, 2008 8:15 AM
  • Thanks so much Hong Wee. That Worked Big Smile
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:20 AM
  •  da_dPC wrote:
    now working

greetz

ah thanks man, it worked for me
    Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:13 AM
  • Thank you so much ! It runs!

;-)
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:02 AM
  • Yeah, just that is "components", no "references" and Shdocvw.dll, not Shdocvw.ox Wink

Now all perfect Stick out tongue

Thanks.

just4kicks wrote:

Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:06 AM
  • There is more simple solution. Close VB. Open regedit. Go to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}\1.1\0\win32" branch and change the default value from "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll\1" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieframe.dll".

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:55 AM
  • This worked for me.
    Environment:
    WinXP SP2 with VB6
    In my case it was not IE 7 but installing visual studio 2005
    Once i open the VB6 project file i got the error about the ieframe.dll/1
    Solution:
    Searched in the registry for entry :
    ieframe.dll/1
    once found i changed it to
    ieframe.dll
    then re-opened the VB6 project file and it worked !

I did noticed that there is another entry in the Software branch of the registry but did not change this one.

thanks a lot !
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:38 PM
  • just4kicks said:

Thank you very much!
    Friday, February 6, 2009 6:44 PM
  • if you can not find shdocvw.ocx then use shdocvw.dll works just the same
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 1:08 AM
  • Cheers!
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 2:40 PM
  • i my friend i read a lot of about ieframe problems i have look for the for the best answer and fix my problem.
    But it is fairy effect.
    I found myself how to fix this ____ problem
    So you need to do download dll-files.com
    this file SHDOCVW.DLL and replace it into vb 6 the same folder.
    Now go to run and type c:\windows\system32 and find ieframe.dll file.
    Do not delete it just move it to the same folder where is locating vb 6 files
    Than try to put microsoft internet controls if not working just get back to the vb 6 folder and put ieframe.dll back to windows\system32
    Now try it works no need to re-install ie7 if you re-install ie7 you will really cause system 32
    Don't do that !

Good luck.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:24 PM
  • hello
    i tried both the major solutions here and variations. no luck. my ieframne was already in the sys32 folder - registry too. no \1

not working with the ocx too

can someone please make a small package (installer) using VB6 installer on a sample project that just references the code and navigates to google.com ... i will install it on my system and maybe that will fix it?

many thanks if u do not have a place to upload u can email me tgkp rog -> g m l dt c m fill in the blanks please :-)
    a useful home page
    Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:26 AM
  • Removing "\1" from the Key Helped me.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:58 PM
  • Hi,
    When I opened a VB 6.0 project I had got same error. This way solved my problem.
    First of all you have to create a reg file. Open New Text Document, Paste these text into it.

save file and rename it by a.reg
    and double click file. Your Problem solved :)
    You can reopen VB IDE.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:10 AM
  • Excellent.  Works perfectly!

Thank you, Saban
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:33 PM
  • to resolve ur problem just re-register "shdocvw.dll" using "regsvr32.exe".
    • Proposed as answer by Enigma 205 Tuesday, December 1, 2009 2:41 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 2:38 AM
  • regsvr32 shdocvw.dll its working for 100% with me
    thx Enigma205!!
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:51 PM
  • welcome :)
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:54 PM
  • First Open Regedit

Find ieframe.dll

The regdit located some are

It Shows like that date -  'C:\Windows\system32\ieframe.dll\1'

Remove 1

save regedit

Now run VB Project.

Monday, April 19, 2010 1:13 PM
  • I did the same "searched the registry for "ieframe.dll\1" an removed the "\1" and it worked for me too.
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:01 PM
  • Please note the above problem does not seem to affect Pre-IE 7-Installation compiled programs.

Basically once you save your project with IE 7 installed its going to get corrupted!!!

What I did was, go onto another computer with IE 6 installed (Or you can just "add and remove programs" uninstall IE 7 - this reverts you to your previously installed version, in my case IE 6) I copy and pasted all my code from my corrupted VB program into another new program, recreated forms and saved (under this IE 6 environment)
    program works successfully, removed IE 7 from my computer retried program and it works. Needless to say IE 7 is not being reinstalled at this time. Please note the corrupted programs do not work under IE 6.
    Notes: Ok in my experience uninstalling and reinstalling IE 7 did not work, did multiple times. Going to the Project menu in Visual Basic then References. Looking for Microsoft Internet Controls, clicking,  then browsing from ieframe.dll to shdocvw.DLL did not work (VB programs under IE 6 link to shdocvw.OCA, I did not search for this file under IE 7. Someone can try this by resetting from the default file browser filter to *.*) maybe linking to the  OCA file under IE 7 will work like someone said in a post above. Please inform us if it does.

Hopefully this post will help countless others continue to do their work productively and not waste the hours I've wasted trying to find a solution.

Thanks for your explanation! I got more deep understanding about this part.
    Saturday, December 18, 2010 2:50 AM
  • Thanks to you

It works for me.My problem is resolved

thanks again

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:33 PM
  • This is the fix that worked for me. There was one instance of "ieframe.dll\1" in the registry. Removed the \1 and now the VB6 project loads without errors.

Why the VB6 load error suddenly popped up after all these years is a mystery.

Friday, March 18, 2011 8:48 AM
  • I tried that thing and it relly helped me a lot !!
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:27 PM
  • Goood

IE7

Thanks For U

im Sabir Hussain My

Email Sabir_hur@yahoo.com

email younis.nizamani@yahoo.com

Thanks 

all I can find that is there is the reference to shdocvw.dll
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 5:45 PM
  • and for me Version 6.0.2900.5951
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:25 AM
  • Oh Thanks ,

It solved my problem 

Saravan ..

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:20 AM
  • This worked for me as well.  I had ie8 installed from a windows update.  I've never had this problem with ie7, but am not sure i've even opened ie7 before windows update upgraded to ie8. 

I've had vb6 projects running, compiling, testing for months but don't think I ever opened ie8 until today.  I needed to set some IE settings "tools- internet options"  verify each page "every visit to the page".  

That's the only thing i've done with ie8 ( since I use chrome and firefox)

Then when i opened vb6 to edit a project that loaded fine earlier in the day, I got the ieframe.dll\1 error.  

I used regedit to search for "ieframe.dll\1" and found the key/value.  I edited and saved the value (removed the "\1" ) and now the vb projects load like normal.

I am able to compile, run in vb test mode, and open/close projects like normal now.

Sunday, November 6, 2011 10:27 PM
  • I know this is an old post but it just happened to me.   I did what you said and it worked.  but after looking around in the ap (just looking at forms), I closed it, reopened it and IT'S BACK.. opening the project blew again with the ieframe.dll\1.  went back into the registery and there it was again.   removed it again and it's fine again.   any ideas about why it's coming back?   this is way beyond my knowledge base.  I need help to make this go away for good.  thanks

I'm new to this too... How to I see your reply?
    • Edited by wdwesty Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:13 PM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:08 PM
  • Run windows update to upgrade your machine to IE8 or 9. Upgrade your Development Environment to the latest version and service pack level.

to recieve email notification for questions, start your own (new) question.... you can include a link to an existing answered question for reference.)

Rob^_^

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:44 PM
  • What is it exactly Development Environment?

eternals81

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:12 PM
  • The registry edit seems to do the trick.  Thanks a bunch!!!!

(No warrenties or guarantees implied) :)

Thanks da_dPC

Thanks a lot

It really works for me,

Yeah problem solved ;)

• Proposed as answer by JokoPA Monday, March 11, 2013 1:09 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 1:08 PM