none
Crash

Question

• I wrote extension that works on Chrome, Opera and Mozilla.

I want run own application via custom protocol from background.js (by iframe). Or for example "mailto:test@test.test"

But app not started (in normal page, not extension all ok), and no console errors. I changed it to creating anchor and clicking it. And edge is crashed.

(

Faulting application name: MicrosoftEdge.exe, version: 11.0.17763.437, time stamp: 0x5ca2f98d
    Faulting module name: EMODEL.dll, version: 11.0.17763.437, time stamp: 0x5ca2f5e4
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000005e4110

)

Also if i set twice src of iframe i have this too.

Also edge crashes with this (i know its stupid, but i waited maximum error, not crash):

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
        <script src="background.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <iframe src="mailto:dkowq"/>
    </body>
    </html>

One time i even got blue screen.

browser.tabs.create() Works but it open and close tab.

navigator.msLaunchUri() not working in extension.

Edge 44.17763.1.0,

win 10 pro x64

Thanks.

Saturday, April 27, 2019 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Yaroslav Goldych,

From the description, Its looks like your extension is a part of your web site which you are displaying using an IFrame. (Correct me if I am wrong)

Your above code is not enough to produce the issue or to find any cause for this issue.

I suggest you to provide any sample code or steps which can produce the issue on our end.

It can help us to understand the issue in better way.

I suggest you to make a test on any other Win 10 machine with MS Edge to check whether it can producible on any MS Edge app or it is related to specific machine.

It can help to narrow down the issue.

Further, I suggest you to check for any latest Windows updates and if any available than install it and again try to make a test to check the results.

Kindly let us know about your testing results. we will try to provide you further suggestions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 29, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Hi!

Its not part of website, its an extension for EDGE. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions)

I checked and no updates are available (at 27 april).

• Edited by timaiv Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Hi

Edge extension: (that works anywhere except EDGE)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M7BX5R3IPDUVwYw3rww9IzoK7pA9KhhO

If You modify iframe to creating anchor and clicking on it.

You will have crash (or blue screen).

Main purpose is running desktop app by click on link. Only one working case is browser.tabs.create, but is awful.

Monday, May 6, 2019 10:41 AM
  • I downloaded new edge with chromium engine, and when i add my unpacked extension i have crash.

Event log:

Fault bucket 1251301051063040307, type 5
    Event Name: Crashpad_Exp
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: msedge.exe
    P2: 75.0.139.4
    P3: msedge.dll
    P4: 75.0.139.4
    P5: 31816763
    P6: browser
    P7: 0xc0000005
    P8: 0
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\Users\yaroslav.goldych\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data\Crashpad\reports\3ad973ab-ffe7-4db1-ac20-f316ef9b42e5.dmp

Dump you can download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k5Fm6rYsEYr7WsAH3Uu55MTguLF6d5eq

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Hi Yaroslav Goldych,

New Edge Chromium is still in the development state. It is not officially launched yet.

So it is expected that some features and functionality not work as expected.

You can try to provide your feedback regarding the issue by clicking on feedback button.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Hi!

But before i tested and on original version (with old Trident engine).

And whole my original message is relative to old EDGE.

I tried with new version, if it works.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Hi.

I send you all code of my extension, and now i have always crashes with OLD EDGE, problem not fixed for now.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:28 AM
  • Hi Yaroslav Goldych,

I try to install your extension in MS Edge. Can you please provide the steps to access your extension and produce the issue?

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:09 PM