none
Edge browser support for InternetSetCookie InternetGetCookie etc. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I used to write cookies from windows console application, to save computer name, terminal id, mac address etc. using InternetSetCookie, IESetProtectedModeCookie for a specific URL.  And this gets picked by the Internet Explorer without any issue.

Now, the client wants to be able to use Edge browser and these API's don't work for Edge browser.  How do I handle this issue for Edge browser?  Is there any such API's for Edge browser?

Thanks you very much !

Shakeel

Friday, December 21, 2018 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi shakeel_syed,

Thank you for posting here.

According your post, your question is related to IE, I will move it to IE development forum for suitable support.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best regards,

Jack J Jun.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 24, 2018 5:43 AM
  • The only way to control other web browsers is to use Selenium.  Each browser has a webdriver which is browser version specific.  C# supports Selenium.  Install Edge Webdriver. Install Selenium.Webdriver and Selenium.Microsoft.Webdriver2 Nuget packages.  I haven't done anything with cookies but if you Bing it you'll find several examples like this

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi shakeel_syed,

Thank you for posting here.

According your post, your question is related to IE, I will move it to IE development forum for suitable support.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best regards,

Jack J Jun.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 24, 2018 5:43 AM
  • The only way to control other web browsers is to use Selenium.  Each browser has a webdriver which is browser version specific.  C# supports Selenium.  Install Edge Webdriver. Install Selenium.Webdriver and Selenium.Microsoft.Webdriver2 Nuget packages.  I haven't done anything with cookies but if you Bing it you'll find several examples like this

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 5:15 PM
  • Thanks Deepak!  I will give it a try using selenium.
    Thursday, December 27, 2018 10:19 PM