none
VM agent is unable to communicate with the Azure Backup Service in Azure RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I am receiving a backup failed error since 6/20/2020 within my Azure backup policy.

I also noticed within the Properties section under Settings of the Virtual Machine instance the "Agent status" is in a "Not Ready" state.

When I click the Backup section under Operations the Backup Status shows 2 entries.

Backup Pre-Check Warning

Last backup status Failed

I can click the Warning option and the link takes me to a page that reads:

Issue Description

VM agent is unable to communicate with the Azure Backup Service.

Suggested Action(s)

Ensure that VM agent is latest and running. Allow access to IP 168.63.129.16

Per the Suggested Actions, I created the Outbound Rule to the IP Address 168.63.129.16 within the network interface of the Virtual Machine instance that is having the backup failed issue.

That did not solve the problem. I also performed the below troubleshooting steps as well with no solution:

I also Verified the Windows Azure Guest Agent service is running within services on the affected VM OS (ACMVI002).

Stopped the VM instance from the Azure Portal. I then turned the VM instance back on. Issue persisted.
    Does anyone have a solution to this Backup Failed issue?

• Edited by jph22579 Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:46 PM
    Thursday, June 25, 2020 3:44 PM