Question Regarding MS Edge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have noticed that Microsoft Edge doesn't follow CSS Rules like Firefox. I have a problem with line spacing working wonderfully in Firefox, even Edge on mobile, but not on the desktop version. "line-height:260%;" gets ignored but other things like the below will get accepted. - 

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{
      margin-top:25px;
      margin-bottom:10px;
    }

I have tried overriding it in other places in case Edge doesn't accept the CSS rules, but it has the same result. How do I override the default spacing found in the MS Edge browser?

(Sorry I know this isn't IE!)

Sunday, April 7, 2019 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Brandon Santangelo,

I made a test with code below which is working fine in MS Edge.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>

div.c {
      line-height: 260%;
    }

</style>
    </head>
    <body>

<h1>The line-height Property</h1>

<h2>line-height: 260%:</h2>
    <div class="c">This is a paragraph with a smaller line-height.<br>
    The line height is here set to 260%.</div>

</body>
    </html>

Output in MS Edge:

Reference:

line-height CSS property.

You can see that code is working fine and I am not able to produce the issue with MS Edge 42 and 44 version.

If you are using any older version of MS Edge than you can try to update your Edge browser.

You can try to make a test with my sample code and check whether issue persist or not.

If issue persist than I suggest you to post your sample code which can produce the issue on our side. We will try to make a test with it and try to find the cause for the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 8, 2019 2:32 AM