none
msSaveBlob, msSaveOrOpenBlob fail when IE Enhanced Security Configuration is on

Question

• When trying to get a file to download in IE 11 through javascript using msSaveBlob and msSaveOrOpenBlob I get an error message stating that the file couldn't be downloaded. Ive tried adding the site to Trusted sites but this does not fix the problem. Turning off IE Enhanced Security Configuration in Server Manager however does seem to fix the issue and files download successfully.

Is there any way to download files using msSaveBlob or msSaveOrOpenBlob while keeping IE Enhanced Security Configuration on?

IE version: 11

Monday, February 5, 2018 5:55 AM

All replies

• Hi jayjay2018,

According to your description, I suggest you could firstly check the Trusted sites' security setting.

I suggest you could follow below steps to check the setting.

1.Open internet opintions

2.Locate the security Trusted sites.

3.Turn down the security level or use the custom level to enable javascript and download.

Best Regards,

Brando

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:30 AM
  • Hi Brando,

Thanks for the answer.

In the end we were able to download files successfully by turning down the security level on the internet zone, or using a custom level and allowing file downloads.

We tried the trusted zone but it seems as though Blobs are always treated under the internet zone, even if the site itself has been registered as trusted.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

• Proposed as answer by m.matz Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:41 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 8:34 AM