none
Orchestration Message Box subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirment where Message on send port of MessageType A will be sent to Message Box from Orch A (Direct Bind based on filter condition)
    I have other orhestration B that needs to subscribe this message from Orchestration A, I put filter on Receive shape based on Message Type and set Activate = True.

So what MessageType do I need to set on this Receive shape ? Is it System.Xml.XmlDocument() ?or I can have any Schema assigned on this Receive shape?

If on Receive shape it is set of type System.Xml.XmlDocument, then how can I map this xmlDocument to another schema?

Please advise

RH

Friday, September 20, 2019 6:24 PM

All replies

• Just by having a message assigned to a receive shape and linking that to the Logical Receive port, it will add a filter for that message type, so no need to manually add a filter for Message Type.   That's all you need to do
    Friday, September 20, 2019 7:08 PM
  • I dont think you understood my question correctly,

There is Developer A who is building a message on his machine and publishing that message to MessageBox.
    He build and deployed his schemas and Orchestrations fine

Now, I have to subscribe that message. So to subscribe I need to create a schema exactly same as the published message 
    (OR) reference his application.
    If I create a schema exactly same as published message, once I deploy to QA env, multiple schema mismatch issue.
    and I am trying to avoid referencing his application.

Is there any other way I can achieve this scenario ?

I tried on my Orchestration have Receive shape as MesageType : xml.XmlDocument()

Is there a way in Message Assignment shape I can convert this Xml.XmlDocument to MySchema ? and do further processing ?
    Please advise

RH

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:18 PM
  • Seems like both devs should reference same schema project. Are both orchestrations and this one schema part of the same solution ? If yes your orchestration project can add reference to the schema project.
    Friday, September 20, 2019 7:45 PM
  • No, they are not part of 1 solution.

Two seperate solution projects.

Please advise other solutions to this

RH

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:13 PM
  • Then you probably want to make them part of the same solution. Otherwise you introduce a dependency among applications and that makes deployments a lot more painful.    Only if you are 100% sure that the shema is never going to change, should you create a dependency in two solutions on the same schema, and then you will want to have both of them depend on a Common Schemas solution / application in BizTalk.

Saturday, September 21, 2019 4:33 AM