none
SSL Certificate for SQL Server Encryption Properties

Pertanyaan

• Hello,

I could not find any articles that shows the right properties to select when submitting a custom certificate request for encrypting SQL Server/client traffic and Extended Protection. I know some of the selections are specific to our requirements, I was wondering whether there is a generic selection list that is required as recommended by Microsoft. I am referring to the following. Will greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Victor

Victor

Rabu, 04 Juli 2018 14.19

Semua Balasan

• Dear vr123,

Based on my searching, I don't find any related document from Microsoft about this problem. Actually, SQL Server only have the requirement on the Common Name (CN) in the Subject property of the certificate, Valid From and Valid To properties of the certificate, etc.

Generally, for a SSL Client and SSL Server, we will choose Digital signature or Key encipherment. 

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Rabu, 04 Juli 2018 23.56
  • OK...thanks Teige. I was thinking on the same lines.

Victor

Victor

Kamis, 05 Juli 2018 00.53
  • Hi vr123,

I discussed this problem with some senior engineer, I can confirm that there is not an official recommend for this. This will depends on your environment and requirement.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Kamis, 05 Juli 2018 06.57