none
SQL Login Locked Out issue

Pertanyaan

• Hi All,

we are getting below error from application end and we have checkd theat account in SQL server the account is enable but application team getting error.

Login failed for user 'expmgmt' because the account is currently locked out. The system administrator can unlock it.

Regards,

karthik B

Rabu, 09 Mei 2018 11.17

Semua Balasan

• how are you passing the credentials from the app?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Rabu, 09 Mei 2018 11.29
  • Please see:

https://weblogs.asp.net/cabhilash/login-failed-for-user-sa-because-the-account-is-currently-locked-out-the-system-administrator-can-unlock-it

One of your applications is likely sending the wrong password, repeatedly, and causing this.  Look at the SQL Server log file will give you an idea where it is happening.

Rabu, 09 Mei 2018 11.37
  • Hi All,

we are getting below error from application end and we have checkd theat account in SQL server the account is enable but application team getting error.

Login failed for user 'expmgmt' because the account is currently locked out. The system administrator can unlock it.

Regards,

karthik B

It seems the account "expmgmt" is a SQL login and has "Enforce password policy" option checked in the login properties (right-click the login in SSMS and select properties and see if this is true).

This option ties the SQL login to the local password policy set on that machine(RDP into the server and run secpol.msc in the run box and check the Account Lockout Policy). So, the SQL account inherits all the password policies from the local server.

Solution:

A quick workaround to unlock the account is to uncheck the "Enforce password policy" option in the SQL Login properties and hit OK. Once done, check it back again to re-enable it. This will unlock the account. 

As a note of caution, the above workaround will essentially disable and re-enable the password policy option so be careful.

Also, the account will lock out again if your application exceeds the failed attempts limit defined in the Server's local password policy so you will have to fix the root cause of why the application is having unsuccessful login attempts. Check SQL Server logs for more details.

Hope this helps.

Please click Mark As Answer if my response answered your question or vote as helpful if it helped you in any way

Rabu, 09 Mei 2018 16.50