Syncing TFS Azure with On-Premise TFS

Pertanyaan

• We recently start using TFS Azure for two projects, and love it so far. One issue is that we don't really want to use the source control, so we still rely on the on-premise TFS for that. My question is that is it possible to sync TFS Azure with on-premise TFS so that work items are shared? Thanks =)
    25 Maret 2012 10:36

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• Hi Jim,

Thanks for your interest in TFS Azure.

For now, there is no supported way to sync TFS Azure with on-premise TFS. Suggest you follow our forum and http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tfservice/ for any update.

FYI: I did make some progress on migration and synchronization using TFS Integration Tool. However, this tool was not tested on TFS 11 or TFS Azure so it is not a reliable way at least for now. 

Thanks,

Alan Yao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

26 Maret 2012 7:59
  • Hey guys,

Actually, there is a solution for this now!  The TFS Integration Tools were updated last week and now support synchronizing with TFS 11 servers, including the hosted service at tfspreview.com.  Check it out at http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/eb77e739-c98c-4e36-9ead-fa115b27fefe.

Thanks,
    -Doug

Group Program Manager, Team Foundation Server

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh doug.neumann 26 Maret 2012 22:47
    26 Maret 2012 22:47
  • Wow~

It's really a great news for TFSP users!

Thanks,

Alan Yao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

27 Maret 2012 2:22
  • Is there some documentaion or blog that gives some guidence on how to accomplishe a on premise TFS Sync with TFS Preview? Been googling (or binging :-) ) for a bit without luck.

I'm looking for using TFS preview for User Stories, Bugs, Tasks work items. Change sets , source stays on premise TFS.

Thank you,

Chris

Chris

25 Oktober 2012 18:12
  • I've just started a new discussion with my experiences of doing migration from on-premise to TFSPreview.  Feel free to kick in with questions.  I hope you find  it useful, and perhaps you can help me out also.  (It's in this forum and called "Migrating Existing Project to TFS Preview")
    27 Oktober 2012 19:15