none
Record Application Access Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new to developing web applications and I am messing around with some of the sample applications from the SDK (mostly the HelloWorld app).  I have a developer account set up that has 2 "Patient" records (and of course the "Self" record).  I am having trouble authenticating an application for the "Patient" records.  I have performed application authentication for the main record.  When I run the HealthAndFitness App, and navigate to the "click here to authorize another record", I only see an option to authorize the application for my main record, not the "Patient" records. 

I have also modified the HelloWorld app somewhat where I make a call to the "APPAUTH" page, but when this is performed, I get the response that "this program already has access to your record(s)" (in the RedirectToShellUrl command I included "isMRA=true", I have also forced RedirectToLogOn(true) when logging in).  In another thread, I read that there are two ways to authorize an app, the first is to use the redirection to the "APPAUTH" page (which I have tried) and the other is to navigate to your healthVault account page and go to the programs tab and de-select the application, thus forcing you to authorize the application again.  Unfortunately, for the second option, my list of allowed programs is empty (even though I have authorized the SDK applications for the main record).

My main ("Self") record has custodian access to each of my "Patient" records, so I do not think this is the problem.  I would like to create a web application that can switch between records for a single user, but I need to first grant the application access to each of these records.  Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 7:26 PM

Answers

• The last time I used Health and Fitness this worked correctly for me.

You might want to try de-authorizing Health and Fitness from your main record. When you come back to it, it should allow you to authorize whichever record you want.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:21 PM
  • Ugh.  I had been using a link to get to the healthvault data site that was different I guess.  I went to www.microsofthealthbeta.com and now i can de-authorize the programs.  Thanks. 
    Friday, February 1, 2008 7:55 PM

All replies

• The last time I used Health and Fitness this worked correctly for me.

You might want to try de-authorizing Health and Fitness from your main record. When you come back to it, it should allow you to authorize whichever record you want.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:21 PM
  • How do I de-authorize the program?  When I go to the "Programs" page for my account's main record, it tells me in the Authorized Programs section "(No programs)".  Is there another way to de-authorize a program?  Can I de-authorize a program using a procedure call?
    Friday, February 1, 2008 5:45 PM
  • It is on the program's page, but you need to choose each of the records and make sure they are all de-authorized.

If you click on the program name, there's a tiny "remove access" link in the upper-right corner.

Friday, February 1, 2008 5:59 PM
  • I must be doing something wrong, because even though I have authorized the sdk programs for my record, I have never been able to see the programs listed on the programs page.  In the programs page, it states that there are no authorized programs for this record, therefore I can not click on a program to remove access.
    Friday, February 1, 2008 6:59 PM
  • Are you on the right server?

If you're using the SDK examples, they talk to www.microsofthealthbeta.com, and that is where you need to go to vview the account information.

Note that the developer servers are being migrated to www.healthvault-ppe.com, and the microsofthealthbeta.com servers will be going away in a month or so.

Friday, February 1, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Ugh.  I had been using a link to get to the healthvault data site that was different I guess.  I went to www.microsofthealthbeta.com and now i can de-authorize the programs.  Thanks. 
    Friday, February 1, 2008 7:55 PM