none
HealthRecordItem missing in Microsoft.HealthVault nugets? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to build a Xamarin.Forms app using .NET Standard which precludes me from using the full SDK HealthVault.NET nuget (since it's still not supported), so is there a way to create/use custom data types as easily as inheriting HealthRecordItem in such apps, or should we wait for SDK to support .NET Standard please?

TIA

P.S. [EDIT]

If no way, could you please tell me how does one use an ItemType like DoubleMeasurement to extend it and store some application specific values in HV (any code example?), as the CreateNewThingsAsync method works only with Thing types, which DoubleMeasurement unfortunately isn't fully. 

P.P.S.

I've found this app-specific example, but I'm unsure if the code is current since XmlDocument doesn't work (you need to use XDocument.CreateNavigator() instead) at least to use it with the .NET Standard 1.4 (2.0 should have CreateNavigator() in XmlDocument back)...and why is application specific data returning only one value from the GetThingsAsync call after using CreateNewThingAsync but returns many if called before Create (as if I can't have more than one stored)?

• Edited by Proksi Monday, July 3, 2017 8:31 PM
    Saturday, July 1, 2017 5:39 PM

Answers

• Hello-

We have support for registering app-specific types in .NET standard HealthVault SDK. This feature has been recently added and is available from nuget version "Microsoft.HealthVault.Client 1.65.20623.1-preview". The way you would register app-specific type is -

HealthVaultConnectionFactory.ThingTypeRegistrar.RegisterApplicationSpecificHandler() 

If registering doesn't solve your issue, can you share your code.

Thanks,

Surya

Monday, July 10, 2017 7:25 PM