none
How to get list of Medication, Allergies... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to get the list of all Medications, Allergies, Immunizations, Labs, Conditions and Procedures? Does HealthVault provides a way to  get those values?

Thank you

Monday, December 12, 2011 3:03 PM

All replies

• Yes, for each user that is willing to grant your application access.

I'd suggest you start by looking at the hello world example on whatever platform you are targeting.

Monday, December 12, 2011 9:49 PM
  • Thank you Eric. I can get list of all Medications for a user from HealthVault. What i want is the list of all Medication names for example Tylenol. I looked at http://developer.healthvault.com/pages/types/vocabs.aspx, but could not find a method to do so.

Thank you

Monday, December 12, 2011 11:05 PM
  • Ah. Now I understand what you are asking.

It's possible to fetch a whole vocabulary, but the medication ones are pretty big. It's usually easier to use our search vocabulary feature in your web page. We don't have a great sample for this; my best advice is to go the appropriate web page on http://account.healthvault-ppe.com for that type, and look at the source code; it will show how to hook things up. There is a bit of documentation that explains what the parameters are here.

That will work well for medication using one of the rxnorm vocabularies. You should create a new client id in application configuration center and use that one instead of the one for shell.

Allergies are a bit harder; the right vocabulary for that is snomed, but because of snomed's licensing terms, developers need to assert that they are in compliance with the licensing terms when they turn it on in ACC. We don't allow it be to be fetched through an un-authorized channel, which means the web code to fetch it is a lot more complicated; the best thing to do is to fetch what you want through your application rather than doing it from the web. If you have your heart set on getting nice typeahead on your website, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with a sample.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:16 PM