none
Create or delete record on partner application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone (particularly those at Microsoft),

I saw Vaibhav' answer on the other thread, but that is talking about how to handle the account, what we want to do in our application is to manage records under an account from a partner application. createAccount is used to create an account.

I looked through the complete list of targets for RedirectToShellUrl

(

AUTH

APPAUTH

APPSIGNOUT

CREATEACCOUNT

HELP

SHARERECORD

RECORDSHARED

VALIDATEEMAIL

VERIFYLIVEID

MANAGEACCOUNT

).

None of them can deal with creating record or deleting record under an account.

I look forward to hearing your response.

Kane Wang

Senior Application Developer

Guide Productions (www.guideproductions.com)

Healthy Circles (www.healthycircles.com

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 5:25 PM

Answers

• Kane,

I discussed this a bit with the folks that have been around a bit longer than I have.

For security and privacy reasons we decided that users need to be involved in the creation of records. We have plans to make it simpler for an application to send the user to the appropriate place, but the actual creation would still be done through the HealthVault shell pages.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 3:48 PM

All replies

• We currently don't have a way to create records through the SDK, though I know there have been requests in the past and we have talked about it.

Deleting a record is a pretty important action and it seems unlikely that we would want to provide SDK access to do this.

Can you describe your scenario in more detail? Why do you want to do this?

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8:36 PM
  • Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

Please see this post, my co-worker Graham has talked about why we need this functionality.

Kane Wang
    Senior Application Developer

Guide Productions (www.guideproductions.com)

Healthy Circles (www.healthycircles.com)

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8:47 PM
  • Kane,

I discussed this a bit with the folks that have been around a bit longer than I have.

For security and privacy reasons we decided that users need to be involved in the creation of records. We have plans to make it simpler for an application to send the user to the appropriate place, but the actual creation would still be done through the HealthVault shell pages.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 3:48 PM