none
Offline Web Application access to HealthVault RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have read the new SDK documentation twice, and I remain fairly clueless about implementing offline access to a user's records. The reason I ask is because I have been tasked with finding an answer as to our site's ability to download a HealthVault user's data when the user is not logging in. (For situations that require long download/upload times.)

We have considered async calls/workflows, but since the documentation & blog mentions offline access, I would like to know more about it so I can return any new information to our requirements/architect team members.

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 8:10 PM

Answers

• When registering an application with us you can specify "base online auth XML" and/or "base offline auth XML".  When the user first uses your application (they must logon to do this) they are presented with the application authorization page which tells them the type of access the app wants to their record by presenting both the online and offline auth in a human readable way.  If your app registers offline auth XML with us and the user agrees to this at application authorization time then your application will be able to access the person's record even if they are not logged on.

To do this you will have to store the user's person ID and record ID that they selected to use with your application.  When you want to make the offline call you use the OfflineWebApplicationConnection class and pass the PersonId to the ctor. You can then create an instance of the HealthRecordAccessor class passing this OfflineWebApplicationConnection and the stored record ID.  You can then call all the method of this class to retrieve, create, update, and/or delete health record items (depending on the offline auth XML you specified).

Jeff Jones

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:39 PM

All replies

• When registering an application with us you can specify "base online auth XML" and/or "base offline auth XML".  When the user first uses your application (they must logon to do this) they are presented with the application authorization page which tells them the type of access the app wants to their record by presenting both the online and offline auth in a human readable way.  If your app registers offline auth XML with us and the user agrees to this at application authorization time then your application will be able to access the person's record even if they are not logged on.

To do this you will have to store the user's person ID and record ID that they selected to use with your application.  When you want to make the offline call you use the OfflineWebApplicationConnection class and pass the PersonId to the ctor. You can then create an instance of the HealthRecordAccessor class passing this OfflineWebApplicationConnection and the stored record ID.  You can then call all the method of this class to retrieve, create, update, and/or delete health record items (depending on the offline auth XML you specified).

Jeff Jones

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:39 PM
  • Thanks Jeff, that's exactly the info I needed to know.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:46 PM