none
Function GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport "the application does not have permission to call the specified method" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working with my program which already connects to the Healthvault to send CCD/CCR files. 

I'd like to call the function GetMeaningulUseVDTReport.  So, I set up a connection using our appID (same as when sending CCR/CCD,) set a DateRange, and with the connection, call GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport(dateRange). 

The call itself seems to work fine; that is, when I call the function itself and just immediately return, (not using the data it pulls,)  there is no error.  However, even when trying something as simple as setting up a loop from 0 to result.Count -1, with nothing in the loop, I get the error stated in the title: "the application does not have permission to call the specified method."

I looked in the topic "Method GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport always returns empty list."  and saw that I needed to have "Application requires access to Meaningful Use reports" checked in the Methods tab of the ACC.  I did that, still nothing.

So, I was wondering, is there something Microsoft needs to do to update the fact that I have the new method checked?  Or is there some other step I'm missing that someone could help me with?  Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks for the help.

~Tom

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:02 PM

Answers

• Tom,

After you enable the access to Meaningful Use reports in ACC, the setting should take effect almost immediately.

Are you sure the application ID you've configuring in ACC for MU2 access is the one you're calling HealthVault with?

Can you also make sure you're calling the US instance PPE URLs for the HealthVault platform, and not US PROD platform URL. You can see the URLs are the bottom of the page here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/jj127014.

When you make changes to your app's config in ACC, they take effect immediately in PPE. In order to propagate those changes to production, you kick off the go-live process from the Home tab of ACC.

If that doesn't help, you can download and follow the instructions in the MU2 sample app to get a working example.

Let us know how it goes.

Friday, January 24, 2014 11:43 PM

All replies

• So, can anyone help?  I'm still having the same issue.

Also, if this is not the correct place to ask the question, would anyone know where I should ask this instead?  Thanks again for any help.

~Tom

Friday, January 24, 2014 7:18 PM
  • Tom,

After you enable the access to Meaningful Use reports in ACC, the setting should take effect almost immediately.

Are you sure the application ID you've configuring in ACC for MU2 access is the one you're calling HealthVault with?

Can you also make sure you're calling the US instance PPE URLs for the HealthVault platform, and not US PROD platform URL. You can see the URLs are the bottom of the page here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/jj127014.

When you make changes to your app's config in ACC, they take effect immediately in PPE. In order to propagate those changes to production, you kick off the go-live process from the Home tab of ACC.

If that doesn't help, you can download and follow the instructions in the MU2 sample app to get a working example.

Let us know how it goes.

Friday, January 24, 2014 11:43 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

I did not switch to the PPE URL, and now that I know every change in ACC has to go through the on-live process to go through to production, I will test out to see if it's what we're looking to do.  Thanks again!

Monday, January 27, 2014 5:38 PM