none
I'm at a total loss for Authorizing our application for offline access RRS feed

• Question

• I want to figure out how this stuff works. We're going to be doing a lot of different things with HealthVault but I just can't get this authorization stuff figured out. 

I don't get the workflow for this stuff at all. Every time I make a bit of progress I end up with way too many directions to turn.

Let's start with an easy one. If I use the HealthVaultProviderManagementPortal .NET Standard sample and create a link for a user to it sure doesn't work as I'd expect. I copy and past that URI into a different browser on a different machine. I don't get any behavior I'd expect. For example, the thing takes me to a web page that says, "This website works best on a mobile device." From there, it take the user to a page where the're supposed to download an application. Well, I don't want it to do that. I want the user to log in to HealthVault and give my application access.

How do I do that? Can it be done?

I'm a puck

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:09 PM

All replies

• What kind of applications are you working on?  Is it mobile application or Web based? 

Each sample is for specific purpose. ProviderManagementPortal has onboarding feature for health service provider using HealthVault Insights app. 

More generic concepts of connectivity are described in this URL -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/concepts/connectivity/

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Thursday, August 31, 2017 11:24 PM