none
SDK Question - Javascript RRS feed

• Question

• We are designing a web based application to access HealthVault data.  Our front end will be HTML/CSS/Javascript based and we would like it to interact with a server side api that we create.  We'd like that api to run in Node.js and be written in Javascript as well.  That api portion would be the portion that would talk directly to HealthVault.  

Javascript seems to be missing from the list of available SDK's.   There is a Rest API section in the documentation that I assume we could use ajax calls to that API.

I guess I was hoping to find out more about overall Javascript support...is it coming?  Are there plans for additional features/support around Javascript?   

Thanks in advance

martigno

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

Happy to hear you're building your next app using HealthVault. We do not currently have a JavaScript SDK available for HealthVault. Further, our REST API supports only a subset of the functionality of the platform at this point. We'll definitely consider this feedback for future product planning.

Your best bet given the available SDKs would likely be to create your server-side component using our .NET (or .NET Standard) SDK.

Thanks!

Justin

Thursday, June 1, 2017 5:03 PM