none
Connection center couldn't connect to HealthVault RRS feed

• Question

• When I start connection center, it says "Initializing, wait a few moments", then comes up with "Connection center couldn't connect to HealthVault"

and gives a retry and exit button...  retries have the same issue, exit closes it down.  Installed the 4.1 for win7 version, have uninstalled/reinstalled, cleaned the registry, made sure there were no more files left etc.

I never get prompted for a user/pass, and if I go to tools, add a user and add my healthvault to it, that process works.  However, trying to run the connection center again gives the same results.

I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

attached is a screen shot

Sunday, April 8, 2012 5:19 AM

Answers

• I am not able to re-product the connection center error, too.  Connection center automatically connects to HealthVault when it starts. 

I recommend to check firewall setting and security software installed on the PC. 

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Monday, August 28, 2017 11:30 PM

All replies

• Do you have any firewall settings perhaps that might be blocking connection center from being able to talk to HealthVault?
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 7:10 AM
  • I had thought that may be an issue, so I disabled windows firewall.  What port(s) need to be open so I can configure my router to make sure?

Thanks

Sunday, April 8, 2012 3:22 PM
  • HV Connection Center requires https access to platform.healthvault.com. This error is usually due to a local firewall prohibiting the app from accessing the network, or on corporate network, a domain or network level policy preventing the same.
    Monday, April 9, 2012 4:58 PM
  • HV Connection Center requires https access to platform.healthvault.com. This error is usually due to a local firewall prohibiting the app from accessing the network, or on corporate network, a domain or network level policy preventing the same.

Received a direct reply from HealthVault support:

"

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft HealthVault support.  We understand you are encountering an error with Microsoft HealthVault Connection Center.  You mentioned the message is it cannot connect to Microsoft HealthVault.  We are happy to assist you with your service request.

If you are using Internet Explorer 9 we advise uninstalling and reinstalling it on your computer.  To uninstall Internet Explorer 9 you can follow the instructions listed below.

1.     Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane
    2.     Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section
    3.     Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes
    4.     Click Restart now

You can then reinstall Internet Explorer 9 by following these instructions

1.     Go to the Internet Explorer 9 download page (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages)
    2.     Select the language you want to install and your version of Windows, and then click Download
    3.     Click Run in the File Download dialog box, and then click Continue in the User Account Control dialog box
    4.     Click "Restart now"

By following the above instructions you will be able to uninstall and reinstall IE9.  After you complete the above steps re-attempt to use Microsoft HealthVault Connection Center.  If this does not resolve your issue please let us know, we are here to be of service.

We would like to inform you that you may be selected to give your feedback about our correspondence. We would appreciate any input that you have on how we are providing service, and how we can perform better for all of Microsoft HealthVault's customers. If you are selected to participate in this survey, we would certainly appreciate you taking the time to give us your opinion. 

We have documented this correspondence under Service Request number 1174684647, please use this number if you communicate with us again about this concern, we will make every attempt to respond within 24 hours during our hours of operation, Seven to Three (MDT), Monday through Friday. It is possible that your email spam filters may block our response; please check your junk mail folder if you do not receive a response from a support agent within 24 hours. 

Thank you again for using Microsoft HealthVault; if you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a response, we are happy to help.

Always at your service,

Paul

Microsoft HealthVault Support"

This fixed the issue

Monday, April 9, 2012 5:32 PM
  • was this solved ?

i have the same issue: win 7 64b / IE 10 FireWall disabled / all sec patches up to date 

Thx

Calin

Friday, May 31, 2013 5:30 PM
  • Paul,

I am using Windows 8 64ibt.  Even after disabling the firewall and virus software (Windows Defender), I am unable to access the internet with the HealthVault Connection Center.  Do you have a proposal for connecting that does not involve uninstalling browsers.  What port does HealthVault require?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:29 PM
  • Paul I have the same problem I am using Windows 8 and IE 11 64 bit Any help
    Monday, November 17, 2014 11:35 PM
  • Connection center communicates with HealthVault via the HTTPS protocol, so it is using standard HTTP/HTTPS ports. I was unable to re-produce the connection error. Are you still experiencing connection problems?

-Sean

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:52 PM
  • Having the same issue.  No errors or logs other than "Connection center couldn't connect to HealthVault".
    Sunday, August 27, 2017 12:41 AM
  • I am not able to re-product the connection center error, too.  Connection center automatically connects to HealthVault when it starts. 

I recommend to check firewall setting and security software installed on the PC. 

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Monday, August 28, 2017 11:30 PM
  • Yup, had the same issue! 

Short answer solution:  reset my Internet Explorer back to default setting!

Longer answer: Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit;  Fiber-optic internet connection. Chrome browser.  Checked firewall settings (even added HealthVault as an exception!)  

Didn't figure out the problem until I read this thread were the suggestion was made to uninstall/reinstall Internet Explorer -- I wondered why should I have do that, my internet connection works just fine with Chrome browser.  Out of any other ideas and mostly out of curiosity I opened my IE9 and was surprised to discover it was NOT CONNECTING!  Even though Chrome, email and multiple other programs were working flawlessly,  Internet Explorer was not.  Apparently, in the process of tinkering with other apps like VPN's and such, the internet Explorer setting got screwed up and it couldn't "see" my internet connection. 

Went into settings --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset Internet Explorer settings -->reset

Hit the "apply" button and reopened the Internet Explorer...  Now working normally.

Tried the HealthVault Connection Center again -- VOILA!

Friday, April 20, 2018 4:26 PM