none
Hi Need Info Regarding the Medication DataType. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to be able to specify the dosage frequency of a particular medication and I was wondering how to go about doing that....

For Eg:-

I need to be able to specify something like:-

Take 'AType' Capsules three times a day at  9:00 am 12:00pm and 9:00 pm.  (Based on a schedule etc..)

I did not notice anything specific in Medication DataType that I could use except well for "Instructions" which is basically a string type....
    Any ideas or suggestions are helpful....
    Thanks!
    Harry

Monday, December 22, 2008 7:21 PM

Answers

• The appropriate place to put that sort of information is in "instructions". We explored whether we could store such information in an organized way, but decided that the additional complexity required was not worth it.
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:30 AM

All replies

• I guess you are looking at Old medication type.

There is a new medication type (30cafccc-047d-4288-94ef-643571f7919d) which exposes these.
    It has properties like Dose, Strength, Frequency etc....

If you dont see 2 Medication Types (MedicaionOld & Medication) in the version of SDK you are using, you may want to download the latest SDK for you to see the type

Rajesh

Raj HealthVault Developer Tool http://xray.getrealconsulting.com
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 3:09 AM
  • The appropriate place to put that sort of information is in "instructions". We explored whether we could store such information in an organized way, but decided that the additional complexity required was not worth it.
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 5:30 AM