none
How to get/set gender in android app RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot seem to find the Basic type in the android-sdk-simplexml module I got from the java sdk. I did find the Personal thing type, along with the height and weight thing types. Does someone know how to find the correct data type, as I need to be able to get/set the gender aspect of the basic thing type.
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 5:17 AM

Answers

• I attempted to use those and could not get them working, but that was most likely my fault, as I am still new to the healthvault system. Instead, I opted for editing the sdk itself. I simply made a Basic thing type based off the personal thing type. The only part that I got stuck on was adding the name of the new type to the DataXml.java file. As soon as that was done, it worked just fine.
    • Marked as answer by Alinator13 Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:43 AM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:43 AM

All replies

• Java SDK may not support Basic type/gender. You may need to use GetThings and PutThings to update it. 

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 11:11 PM
  • I attempted to use those and could not get them working, but that was most likely my fault, as I am still new to the healthvault system. Instead, I opted for editing the sdk itself. I simply made a Basic thing type based off the personal thing type. The only part that I got stuck on was adding the name of the new type to the DataXml.java file. As soon as that was done, it worked just fine.
    • Marked as answer by Alinator13 Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:43 AM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 4:43 AM