none
Extending HealthVault (adding a new category for data) RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to extend the functionality of HealthVault by adding a new category for reporting information (specifically a sort of log for how you're feeling). I don't quite understand how I start doing this though. I see lots of options for creating desktop and web apps, but I don't think I want to make a brand new desktop or web app, do I? I just want to extend the functionality of HV.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 12:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Takashi,

At the time I posted this question, neither of the two options; I just wanted to add in a new data type to HealthVault. I didn't want to create an app, just use the existing software and work on top of it. I realized after more searching though that this actually isn't possible, so I'm creating an app now.

• Marked as answer by TGP1994 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:55 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:54 AM

All replies

• Are you interested in creating application or using HealthVault APIs? You can find information at MSDN site.

HealthVault iPhone app has a capability to track "Emotional State". 

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:57 PM
  • Hi Takashi,

At the time I posted this question, neither of the two options; I just wanted to add in a new data type to HealthVault. I didn't want to create an app, just use the existing software and work on top of it. I realized after more searching though that this actually isn't possible, so I'm creating an app now.

• Marked as answer by TGP1994 Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:55 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:54 AM