none
Couldn't able to update Medication with Medication V1 checked for OfflineAccess RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to update Medication with Medication V1 checked for OfflineAccess. I could able to update Condition. Here is a stack trace:

Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceException was caught
      Message="The thing type specified in the update, '5c5f1223-f63c-4464-870c-3e36ba471def', is an older version than the type of the existing instance. "
      Source="Microsoft.Health"
      ErrorCodeId=85
      StackTrace:
           at Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.WaitForCompletion()
           at Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url)
           at Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url, IEasyWebResponseHandler customHandler)
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.ExecuteInternal()
           at Microsoft.Health.Web.OfflineWebApplicationConnection.ExecuteRequestWithRetry(HealthServiceRequest request)
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.Execute()
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthRecordAccessor.UpdateItems(IList`1 itemsToUpdate)
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthRecordAccessor.UpdateItem(HealthRecordItem item)
           at APS.AI.HealthVaultAdapter.GetHealthVaultItemTypes.UpdateMedications(HVMedication medicationName, Guid personId, Guid recordId) in C:\APS\APS\APS.AI.HealthVaultAdapter\GetHealthVaultItemTypes.cs:line 176
      InnerException:
    I was even struggling to retrieve Medication, thanks to Mahesh who helped me to resolve that problem. Please i need your help in solving this Problem.
    Thanks in advance,
    Addisu
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:03 PM

Answers

• The error message is telling you that you can't update a newer version of the Medication type through the V1 version. This is prohibited because it could result in data loss.

This article provides more information.

I looked at your code, and I think it has a couple of issues.

• If there are multiple medications with the same name in the user's record, you will update both of them.
    • If another application read and updates the medication after the time you fetch it into the HVMedication class, you will overwrite their changes.

A better approach would be to save the Key property from the Medication that is fetched in HvMedication. Then, when you have an update to make, you should do the following:

1. Fetch the existing Medication based on Key.Id.
    2. Verify that both Key.Id and Key.VersionStamp are the same in the fetched instance and your HvMedication. If not, it means somebody else updated the item and you should abandon your update.
    3. Update the item.

Hope that helps

Eric

Thursday, December 3, 2009 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hello,

From the error message it looks like you are trying to update a Medication V1 type object with a Medication type object. If you try to update an object of type Medication then this error will not happen.

I will check the scenario in my code and get back to you.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 5:46 PM
  • Thanks Aneesh,
    kindly waiting for your response.
    Wth Best Regards,
    Addisu
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:21 PM
  • Hello Addisu,

I have used the following code to update a Medication item and was not able to reproduce the issue,

Medication medication = (Medication)GetSingleValue<Medication>(new Guid("5c5f1223-f63c-4464-870c-3e36ba471def"));
    medication.Strength = new GeneralMeasurement("DisplayStringV1toMed"); // Just to make sure the change is occuring, here make the needed changes
    PersonInfo.SelectedRecord.UpdateItem(medication);

Can you try using this code to update the item, else paste the code snippet that you are getting this error on so that we can have a detailed look into it.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 7:02 PM
  • Thanks Aneesh,
    I can not use PersonInfo as am not using any of logged on pages. I am trying to update Medication using HealthVault SDK. Here is my code:

public

void UpdateMedications(HVMedication medicationName, Guid personId, Guid recordId)

{

try

{

HealthRecordAccessor offlineAccessor = new HealthRecordAccessor(HealthVaultConnectionManager.CreateConnection(_applicationId, personId), recordId);

IList<Medication> medicationCollection = GetHealthRecordItemCollection<Medication>(Medication.TypeId, offlineAccessor);

int i = 0;

foreach (Medication medication in medicationCollection)

{

if (medication.Name.ToString() == medicationName.Name.ToString())

{

ApproximateDateTime dateDiscontinued = null;

CodableValue route = new CodableValue(medicationName.Route.ToString());

DoseValue dose = new DoseValue(Double.Parse( medicationName.Dose.ToString())); ;

dateDiscontinued =

new ApproximateDateTime(DateTime.Parse(medication.DateDiscontinued.ToString()).ToString());

CodableValue indication = new CodableValue(medication.Indication.ToString());

medication.AmountPrescribed = medicationName.Prescribed;

medication.DoseValue = dose;

medication.StrengthValue =

Int32.Parse(medicationName.Strength.ToString());

medication.Frequency = medicationName.Frequency;

medication.Indication = medicationName.Indication;

medication.DateDiscontinued = dateDiscontinued;

medication.Route = route;

offlineAccessor.UpdateItem(medication);

break;

}

i++;

}

}

Please take a look at it and suggest me a better approach.
    Regards,
    Addisu

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 7:12 PM
  • The error message is telling you that you can't update a newer version of the Medication type through the V1 version. This is prohibited because it could result in data loss.

This article provides more information.

I looked at your code, and I think it has a couple of issues.

• If there are multiple medications with the same name in the user's record, you will update both of them.
    • If another application read and updates the medication after the time you fetch it into the HVMedication class, you will overwrite their changes.

A better approach would be to save the Key property from the Medication that is fetched in HvMedication. Then, when you have an update to make, you should do the following:

1. Fetch the existing Medication based on Key.Id.
    2. Verify that both Key.Id and Key.VersionStamp are the same in the fetched instance and your HvMedication. If not, it means somebody else updated the item and you should abandon your update.
    3. Update the item.

Hope that helps

Eric

Thursday, December 3, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Thanks Eric, i will do that. I am getting an other error. I downloaded new HealthVault SDK and it looks okay to work on Medication not Medication V1. I checked Medication for OfflineAccess and Reauthorize my application. I ran my application and  "There is no source code available for the current location" error is popped up. Can you take a look at this error please?

public static OfflineWebApplicationConnection CreateConnection(Guid applicationId,

Guid personId)

{

OfflineWebApplicationConnection offlineConn = new OfflineWebApplicationConnection(applicationId,

WebApplicationConfiguration.HealthServiceUrl, personId);//Error

offlineConn.Authenticate();

return offlineConn;

}

Thanks,
    Addisu
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 6:21 PM
  • Exactly when are you getting this error? It looks like you will have to rebuild your application once and then try again. If you are still getting the same error then please post the whole stack trace of the same.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 6:43 PM
  • Hi Aneesh, I Rebuild my solution but "There is no source code available for the current location." error is popping up. It doesn't have stack trace. It is a Visual Studio Error pop-up form. I was trying to paste PrtScrn but couldn't.
    Please help me.
    Thanks,
    Addisu
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 6:57 PM
  • This looks like your debugger is looking for a source code for a library. Is it showing any path of any specific file in the message box?
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 10:26 PM
  • No path, no anything. Error message window is popping-up. That is making it hard for me to troubleshoot. I am thinking it is because the ApplicationId.
    I have checked Medication and unchecked  Medication V1 for OfflineAccess for
    ApplicationId   "1427bc2a-e17f-46a7-a8ce-8bbb86d9e33a"
    Can you check please this ApplicationId whether it has the right access settings in HealthVault as my local settings?
    Thanks,
    Addisu
    Friday, December 4, 2009 2:11 AM
  • Hello HealthVault guys,
    Please help me in fixing the above problem. I got blocked. I couldn't able to create any connection to HealthVault. Here is what i got when i click Show Disassembly button of a popped-up error window:

--- c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\WebApplicationConfiguration.cs ------
    00000000  push        ebp 
    00000001  mov         ebp,esp
    00000003  sub         esp,10h
    00000006  cmp         dword ptr ds:[04BE07F4h],0
    0000000d  je          00000014
    0000000f  call        68AF7DA9
    00000014  xor         edx,edx
    00000016  mov         dword ptr [ebp-0Ch],edx
    00000019  mov         dword ptr [ebp-4],0
    00000020  nop             
    00000021  mov         ecx,dword ptr ds:[03740258h]
    00000027  xor         edx,edx
    00000029  call        67623EE0
    0000002e  mov         dword ptr [ebp-8],eax
    00000031  cmp         dword ptr [ebp-8],0
    00000035  sete        al  
    00000038  movzx       eax,al
    0000003b  mov         dword ptr [ebp-4],eax
    0000003e  cmp         dword ptr [ebp-4],0
    00000042  jne         0000005D
    00000044  nop             
    00000045  call        dword ptr ds:[04BE8BFCh]
    0000004b  mov         dword ptr [ebp-10h],eax
    0000004e  mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp-10h]
    00000051  lea         edx,ds:[03740258h]
    00000057  call        688A0290
    0000005c  nop             
    0000005d  mov         eax,dword ptr ds:[03740258h]
    00000062  mov         dword ptr [ebp-0Ch],eax
    00000065  nop             
    00000066  jmp         00000068
    00000068  mov         eax,dword ptr [ebp-0Ch]
    0000006b  mov         esp,ebp
    0000006d  pop         ebp 
    0000006e  ret   

I couldn't find --- c:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\web\...  path in my system.
    I have checked event logs and nothing related to this error is there. Please i need your help.
    Thanks,
    Addisu

Friday, December 4, 2009 1:09 PM
  • Hello Addisu,

The source for HealthVault SDK is located in the SDK installation folder. For example in my case it is C:\Program Files\Microsoft HealthVault\SDK\Source. There the source file is in a zip format. Once you unzip it you can look inside the Web folder for WebApplicationConfiguration.cs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
    Aneesh D.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 9:50 PM
  • He guys,
    Mahesh, Aneesh or whoever can do me a favor, Please check Medication and uncheck Medication V1 for OfflineAcess and OnlineAccess for ApplicationId   "1427bc2a-e17f-46a7-a8ce-8bbb86d9e33a"
    Please help me. My application is returining
    Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Health.ItemTypes.Old.MedicationV1'
    to type 'Microsoft.Health.ItemTypes.Medication' error when i tried to update Medication. I have checked Medication and unchecked Medication V1 in my Application Configuration Center but my changes are not reflected in HealthVault system.
    Thank you in advance,
    Addisu
    Sunday, December 6, 2009 3:30 AM
  • There is a bit of latency when you make the change. Are you still seeing the issue now?
    Monday, December 7, 2009 5:31 PM