none
Where is App specific data shown in HealthVault RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

For several years i have used the <app-specific> tag to upload specific data that is not supported by HealthVault (e.g. Stool, Ostomy measurements). With the new interface all this data is not shown anymore to users. Is there a way to show this data to the end user? 

Or alternatively what needs to be done to show these specific data?

Thanks Peter

Example XML: <app-specific><format-appid>myFitnessCompanion</format-appid><format-tag>

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:14 AM

Answers

• App-specific information data type is only available to the application which created it. It is invisible to other applications. Only exception is HealthVault Shell (account.healthvault.com). Users can view all App-specific information in Shell page. You can find the link to view App-specific information at bottom of Record history page in Shell. 

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Friday, July 7, 2017 3:41 PM

All replies

• I was wondering the same, but since it's applicationSpecific, it might be, purposely, not visible...

As I understand even the HealthVault app itself is some HV app with it's own GUID ID, and because it is not possible to change appspecific data items by any other app then the one that created it (it said so somewhere I think), it might not be visible for the same reason.

I'm able to read the values stored as the applicationSpecific Thing type from my app, but even that sometimes gets problems when I previously try to write an applicationSpecific data, because then the new GetThingsAsync calls return just that one lastly added item (when the call is by itself it returns as many items as there are)...were you able to get different results or a better undestanding how it works please?

• Edited by Proksi Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:37 AM
  • App-specific information data type is only available to the application which created it. It is invisible to other applications. Only exception is HealthVault Shell (account.healthvault.com). Users can view all App-specific information in Shell page. You can find the link to view App-specific information at bottom of Record history page in Shell. 

Takashi Moriyama | Senior Program Manager | Microsoft Health

Friday, July 7, 2017 3:41 PM