none
medication class RRS feed

• Question

•  

In my app, I have a textbox for a user to enter a medication that they are taking, I would like to then enter that into healthvault, and link it to the vocabulary. For example, if someone is taking Tylenol, I have a method that returns the key 1135802 (the vocab key of the word Tylenol in the RxNorm Active Medicines vocabulary). I would like to insert this key into the medication item record that I am creating before I add it to the person's record. Is it possible to do this since the code property of the Medication class is read only and not a codable value?
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:05 PM

Answers

• Probably in the next month or so, give or take a few weeks.

The system will version between the two types, so any data entered with the current type will show up in the revised one.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 4:56 PM

All replies

• Medication.Code is readonly because it's not a single item, but a collection of integer codes. But it really should be a codable value, and we're in the midst of a redesign to the Medication type that has that change (and more).

You can find more details on the healthvault data types blog.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:47 PM
  • I saw on the DataType blog the proposed redesign of the medication type. Could you give any idea as to when this new datatype will by available? I am in the midst of writing an application that revolves around this datatype.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:11 PM
  • Probably in the next month or so, give or take a few weeks.

The system will version between the two types, so any data entered with the current type will show up in the revised one.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 4:56 PM
  •  

okay thanks!
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:43 PM