none
Excel crashing when tried to sort within AutoFilter

Question

• Hi,

I am programmatically generating excel documents and I set Autofilters in a sheet using following xml:

<autoFilter ref="A1:B10"/>

However, when I generate the document I see the autofilters but the Excel does not allow me to sort within an autofilter. Basically excel crashes when I try to sort within an auto filter. Is this a bug or am I missing something in the XML above

jeudi 7 mars 2013 06:40

Réponses

• Hi all,

I resolved the problem. There was an invalid named range in the workbook.xml that was crashing Excel. I modified the named range and it works fine now.

Thanks all for your responses.

samedi 6 avril 2013 15:40

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

I am programmatically generating excel documents and I set Autofilters in a sheet using following xml:

< autoFilter ref="A1:B10"/>

However, when I generate the document I see the autofilters but the Excel does not allow me to sort within an autofilter. Basically excel crashes when I try to sort within an auto filter. Is this a bug or am I missing something in the XML above

jeudi 7 mars 2013 11:46
  • HI Cooltechie1234,

Would you please show whole SheetData node for further research?

Have a good day,

Tom

jeudi 7 mars 2013 12:15
    Modérateur
  • Which version ? 2007,2010,2013 ?
    jeudi 7 mars 2013 14:03
  • Hi all,

I resolved the problem. There was an invalid named range in the workbook.xml that was crashing Excel. I modified the named range and it works fine now.

Thanks all for your responses.

samedi 6 avril 2013 15:40
  • It may be that you are deleting an invisible named range.  Each Autofilter has a named range associated with it with name "'SheetName'!_FilterDatabase" and Name.Visible=False.  If you delete this Named range Sorting will crash Excel.  The solution is to not delete Named ranges with Visible=False.
    jeudi 5 avril 2018 11:53