none
GroupShape instance as child element in GroupShape

Question

• Sorry for my English :)

My understanding is in PowerPoint there is only one level grouping - a group cannot be in a group, but looking at the source code class GroupShape

I see that GroupShape instance can have a GroupShape instance. Do I understand correctly or maybe this portion of Open XML not deal with PowerPoint?

samedi 19 mai 2018 21:46

Réponses

• Hello adamShakabov,

>>My understanding is in PowerPoint there is only one level grouping - a group cannot be in a group

No, it could contain multiple levels. Let's do a simply test to check it.

We could create three shapes ShapeA, ShapeB, ShapeC in a slide. Then we group ShapeA and ShapeB to Group1.

And then group Group1 and ShapeC to Group2.

Now, in the user interface, we may think there is only one level group since we could not select Group1 now. However, the Group1 does exist and once we un-group Group2, it will be split to Group1 and ShapeC.

We could also use OpenXML SDK to check the XML code of the Group2 and you find it contains a chile GroupShape item(that is Group1) in it.

Based on these, I think PPT group shape could contains multiple levels but child group is not selected-able.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

lundi 21 mai 2018 08:11
    Modérateur