none
turning off the display of the attachment paperclip icon in a mail message RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have an email item with attachments.  My vba code removes these attachments and writes text in to items body.  When removed the paperclip icon is automatically toggled off by the method code.  I would like the user to know there had been attachments with this email.  Does anyone know how to toggle the icon on when no attachments exist.  I have tried many things with no luck.  I currently attach a null file, but would like to do it more cleanly.  As a vba novice - code would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:15 AM

Answers

• What you want is not possible. If there are no attachments in the item's Attachments table no paperclip icon will be displayed.

You can hide the icon for attachments or hide individual attachments, but you cannot have the attachment icon with no attachments.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "julian.paul00" <=?utf-8?B?anVsaWFuLnBhdWwwMA==?=> wrote in message news:ed13059b-5c05-40f2-8362-ad6ed2c20955...

Dear All,

I have an email item with attachments.  My vba code removes these attachments and writes text in to items body.  When removed the paperclip icon is automatically toggled off by the method code.  I would like the user to know there had been attachments with this email.  Does anyone know how to toggle the icon on when no attachments exist.  I have tried many things with no luck.  I currently attach a null file, but would like to do it more cleanly.  As a vba novice - code would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:30 PM

All replies

• What you want is not possible. If there are no attachments in the item's Attachments table no paperclip icon will be displayed.

You can hide the icon for attachments or hide individual attachments, but you cannot have the attachment icon with no attachments.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "julian.paul00" <=?utf-8?B?anVsaWFuLnBhdWwwMA==?=> wrote in message news:ed13059b-5c05-40f2-8362-ad6ed2c20955...

Dear All,

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:30 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks. Obviously not the answer I would like, but I will drop this quest.  Thanks again for your prompt response.  We live in hope!  Cheers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:34 AM