none
Someone interested in taking over a site? RRS feed

• Question

• Over the last year I designed and put in place an asp.net database-driven membership-based website using Visual Studio Express and SQL database. The site is aimed at people who would like to keep graphical track of virtually anything versus time. Examples could be health numbers, workout numbers, utility bills, anything really.

The site's goal is to make it easy for a non-technical site member to make and keep graphical records with a user-friendly, non-confusing interface.  To that end, user options and choices about how the graph looks are limited -- there are tons of graphing sites that will drive a user crazy just getting set up, selecting fonts, graph type, colors, graph types etc.; this is not one of those sites. This site is easy to use.

With this site a user names his Categories (Sports, Health, Utilities, Whatever) and names the graphs he wants to have in each Category.  All that is left to do is enter the data.

The site is all set up to take paying memberships. Users (like anyone reading this) can try out all the site features for 3 days for free, after which continuing use for 3 years costs $15

I now in my 80's and have decided it is too late in life for me to get a new site rolling when I have no family members interested in learning what they would need to in order to run the site if something happened to me.

I bring this up here because the site needs an owner who understands it. If you have any possible interest, you can check it all out here:  www.MyNumbersTracker.com 

For any off-line commentary, I can be reached via the Contact Form on that site.

ClarkNK AKA HomePage Doctor
    Database Tutorials Using ASP.NET Controls
    My recommended web hosting company: RDOServers

Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:34 PM

All replies

• This is an interesting site. I love numbers :)

I'd love to run with it however I'm not a developer and don't have the skills to update it and maintain it because I've used Expression Web and WordPress to develop websites mostly. Is that something that could easily be outsourced? I'm guessing it could if I can find a trustworthy developer. How much are you asking for mynumberstracker.com?

Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:20 PM
  • Really, I hadn't even thought about that. I would not be trying to recover $ for all the time I spent creating the site. But I really don't want to put it in the hands of someone that would not know how to work with it, because if some problem developed with the site, or if they decided they wanted an added feature, I would want to know they could do it themselves and not be looking to me for that. That's why I posted it here, where developers would see it.

ClarkNK AKA HomePage Doctor
    Database Tutorials Using ASP.NET Controls
    My recommended web hosting company: RDOServers

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:21 AM