none
EW4 Insert Hyperlink (Not Rersponding) -45-50 second delay RRS feed

• Question

• OK, I haven't changed anything in my system, but now when I write something (WYSIWYG view) and I (CTRL+K) to put in a hyperlink)  the paste box opens for a second, then goes off to la-la land for 45-55 seconds.

I have been pulling my hair out for a couple of weeks now on this and it's time to ask the gang WTF is this?

System is: I7 Win 10 current updates, 12 gB and 500 gb SSD with several high-cap hard drives and network mass storage and so forth., App is on C:\drive and file is on H:\drive.

So far, I have:

• Uninstalled EW4 (free) (It is newer build than my EW4 paid version and people have been having issues with reinstalls looked like)
    • Reinstalled EW4 AFTER scouring the registry for leftovers.
    • Uninstalled everything that might be an issue including:
    • DropBox
    • OneDrive
    • CCleaner
    • And several others...

Frustration builds and at age 70, I've got a lot of writing to do (with hyperlinks, lol) before I get turned in for an upgrade, lol.

Anyone had this problem or is this just from the people in Provo finding me interesting or what?

Monday, February 25, 2019 6:45 PM

All replies

• We can't tell you what changed.  All we can say is that EW4 didn't change.

You could try running FP Cleaner for EW4 (a free download).  This could help if your site's data has become corrupted somehow.  https://www.95isalive.com/fixes/ew4.htm  Use the buttons to clear temp, cache, and find/replace files/data.

If FP Cleaner doesn't help, and this happens in every page you try to edit, I'd look to something other than EW or your site as the cause.  (Failing hard drives or memory can produce all sorts of symptoms that look like program issues, for example.  Malware on your computer could be taking resources, etc..)

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:43 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:44 AM