none
Page text changes to Bold RRS feed

• Question

• Exp Web 4

I use normal TNRoman (not bold) but when uploaded to website, the text on the page mostly changes to BOLD. A few paragraphs remain Normal.

It was all Normal on the page for weeks - just fine. But now that I have added a lot more text over the last week - today I noticed the problem. I have redone all  of it and then tried para by para - everything I can think of doing to ensure its all Normal before I make it live on the net. To no avail. It's all bold.

I looked at Tools to see if there was something I could understand to change that maybe was ticked to change to Bold but I can't see anything/default, etc. 

It looks awful all in bold, like I am trying to slam the message home!!

Does anyone have a clue what I can do to make sure it stays normal and doesn't switch to Bold when uploaded to net, please?

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:08 AM

Answers

• Yes, that sounds like it may be the case. I do work in Design view, not being so familiar with using coding. I will check the code view and see if I can see anything significant there. Thank you.
    • Marked as answer by sandyocean1 Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:04 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:04 PM

All replies

• You need to post a link to the page you are talking about.

The answer is: there is styling that says it should be bold.  But we can't be more specific than that without seeing the actual page as published.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:25 PM
  • Hi

Unfortunately, the page is about private personal family issues we are sorting out so is not for public viewing.

Could you tell me where I would find 'styling settings' and how it would be worded, perhaps.  

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:53 PM
  • There is no such thing as "style settings" that will tell you why some text is bold.  Styles are either hard coded in the page (look in Code View) or in an external style sheet (which would be linked to your page in Code View).

If you are unfamiliar with how to create and apply styles, my guess is that you are working is Design View and using the style buttons in the top menu.  EW creates auto styles when you do that, or creates inline styling, depending on what you are asking it to do.  If you do that, there is a very high likelihood that over time your page has developed overlapping and conflicting styles, since rarely do people know how to properly select elements, or to remove styles before trying to add new ones.  The result can be something that browsers throw their hands up about, doing the best they can.  There is nothing we can do to confirm my suspicion, or to help you fix it, without being able to see your page online. If we can see the page, we can use browser tools to see the markup and how styles are applied.  All I can suggest is to learn how to create and apply styles using an external style sheet and the Style panels, not the top menu, and start your page over doing it that way.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:02 PM
  • Yes, that sounds like it may be the case. I do work in Design view, not being so familiar with using coding. I will check the code view and see if I can see anything significant there. Thank you.
    • Marked as answer by sandyocean1 Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:04 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:04 PM