none
Error inserting links with Expression Web 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I apologize for the mistakes but I am Italian and use a translator online. I installed Expression Web Studio Pro 4 with 4 on Windows 7. The problem is this: when I insert a link to a text and add a bookmark, the program makes a mistake and put a link to another page. Anybody know the cause of this problem and a solution?
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:14 PM

All replies

• You may not be adding the bookmark correctly.

Put the cursor in design view, where you want the bookmark to be, then go to 'Insert - Bookmark'. You'll then get the dialog asking for the bookmark name, add this click OK and the bookmark will be inserted.

If you highlight an exisiting link, and add a bookmark to it, EW will add the 'name' attribute to the link.

HTH

Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:37 PM
  • I'm afraid the translation does not make clear what exact steps you are taking, and what problem you are having.
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 3:43 PM
  • There is a known bug in the bookmark code where if you have Internet Explorer open to a particular website, the link to that site will be used as your bookmark instead of the link you intended.  Perhaps that's your problem?  Without more information, it's difficult for us to know how to help.
    Paul Bartholomew, Microsoft Expression Web
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Glad, I read this here, I was going crazy with the problem. That is exactly what is happening.  Is there a list of known problems, that I can read and not go thru these kinds of time consumming delays?
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:21 PM
  • No. Not unless someone has created one on their personal blog or something and not bothered to notify us. It would be nice to have, if we could convince someone to go to the tiem and effort of compiling the list, publishing it, maintaining it... you know the drill.

Wait, I don't suppose that, you know, maybe you might feel like taking that on, would you?   ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:26 PM