none
Circle Gradient on a circle stroke... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How do you do a circle with no fill but just the stroke of 90px width and having it a circle gradient on both side INSIDE and OUTSIDE ?
    I thought that having the circle gradient would just do the job but it doesn't seem to work.  Does that mean I have to do 3 circle like this to simulate something as simple as that ?

Sunday, October 3, 2010 5:46 PM

All replies

• Is this what you need? This is made with one circle, you can create a gradient that looks like two placing two steps close to each other. The black arrow is how I have oriented the circle gradient with the gradient transform tool:

• Edited by Elena Malnati Monday, October 4, 2010 12:40 AM correct spelling error
    Monday, October 4, 2010 12:24 AM
  • Hello again,
    another solution, but it is worth only if you have multiple circles that share the same double gradient, or if you want to use it on irregular shapes, is to create a new image stroke. You create two box with the gradients you need, one above the other, then in the menu choose "Object-->Image-->Create image object". You can now select the area you want to turn into an image, so select an area corresponding to the two box (be sure to avoid any white space around it). When your image is ready, select it and choose "Object-->Stroke-->Define image stroke". Once you name and save it, you will be able to apply this new stroke to any shape. Here is the result applied to a 90x bordered circle and the stroke I used to make it:

Hope this helps.

Monday, October 4, 2010 12:39 AM
  • Hello GearWorld

(Aside to Elena: drat!  You beat me by a minute or two :-) )

Like this perhaps?

• Edited by BBB Monday, October 4, 2010 9:44 AM tsk! Awful phrasing/typing on my part
    Monday, October 4, 2010 12:41 AM
  • :-)

Monday, October 4, 2010 8:06 PM