none
Export doesn't work properly RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating icons for use in a web app.  These are relatively simple.  

I created a canvas size of 16 x 16  pixels, 72 dpi resolution.  Why does the icon show up properly when I am in the export window, but the right and bottom sides are cut off after export?  I have antialias and transparency checked, RGB color mode, exporting as PNG, and the export size is the same as the canvas size or larger (if Expression design recommends it).

When I export at 20 x 20, the export window shows gaps all the way around, but the resulting exported image is what I expected when I exported at 16 x 16.  Why does the render engine not work properly?

I have Service Pack 1.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:57 PM

Answers

• This thread is really old, but I wanted to mention that my issue with direct exporting was being caused by the effects that I had on the image.  Expression Design is not very friendly if you are trying to reach a certain size, but for jobs without exact constraints, it's decent.

• Marked as answer by Goat Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:31 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:30 PM

All replies

• Goat

In Design 3.0
    I made a 640 x 480 artboard @ 72 DPI
    Drew a 16x16 square and inside it a 14x14, centered
    selected the slice tool
    fit it to the larges square
    export

open in paint, it all there

??

Mike Greenway

• Marked as answer by Goat Monday, January 4, 2010 8:06 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Goat Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:28 PM
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:10 PM
  • You answered my question.  I didn't create a slice and export the slice; I tried to export the entire design, which is how I came across the problem I mentioned in the rendering.
    • Proposed as answer by MikeGreenway Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:36 AM
    Monday, January 4, 2010 8:08 PM
  • cool!
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 1:36 AM
  • This thread is really old, but I wanted to mention that my issue with direct exporting was being caused by the effects that I had on the image.  Expression Design is not very friendly if you are trying to reach a certain size, but for jobs without exact constraints, it's decent.

• Marked as answer by Goat Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:31 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:30 PM