Expression Web 4 SP2 & Windows Update Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I gather others like me have had problems with 'Windows Update' and installing SP2 Expression Web 4.  Well I could not get it to work ever time I tried it is stopped unable to find the .msi file.

After a number of email exchanges with Microsoft Support - I managed to do it without their help.  Just in case anyone else has a similar problem, here is the advice I offered to my 'adviser' at Microsoft.

................................................................................................................................................................................

Dear Harikrishnan

I have solved the problem myself, and will describe below what I did, but my difficulties does reveal a problem for users who have installed a downloaded version of the software.

I purchased a download from a UK software company  and it came in the form of a single downloaded file (English_Expression_Studio_Ult_4.0_X16-88715.exe).   The standard “Windows Update” will not work with this kind of installation.

To install the SP2 I had to:

1: Uninstall Expression Web 4

2: Re-install Microsoft Expression Web 4 but pause when the final window with the command “Finish” appears.  This means the temporary folder with the required missing file is still on my drive.

3: Manually install WebSP2_Trial_en.exe

4: Then click on Finish for the Expression Web 4 new installation above to clear the temporary files.

I think this issue needs to be looked at.

Regards

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:01 PM

All replies