none
purchase Microsoft Encoder 4 for windows 10

Question

• I wish to purchase Microsoft Encoder 4 for windows 10 but the URL is broken.  The free version only records for 10 m. Please confirm the next link for purchasing the product key
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 4:52 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, none of the former Expression Studio programs are available for sale any more. Microsoft ceased development and marketing of the Expression Studio programs in 2010 or 2011, and only those retail packages (containing their activation code within the package) which were already in the sales pipeline remained available for sale.

Judging by the enquiries in this forum, many people would be quite happy to pay for the pro version of Encoder. However, it is now no longer available except, possibly, in the aftermarket (eBay, etc.). Google it and see what you can find.

There is an activation code floating around on YouTube to convert the standard to the pro version. It is 6WDDQ-K7D4F-GQGF4-2VYBJ-8K6MB. I have had mixed results using it, however—it worked on Win 7, but not on Win 10. Give it a try, and please report back your experience, whether you succeed or fail, including which OS you tried it on. Thanks.  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 6:26 PM
  • I was able to upgrade to Pro using technique on internet but I could never find version with MP4 codecs.  I have an EE4 Pro on an old laptop but I was never able to move to new computer.  I believe license servers have been  shutdown.  I  question if you could install an eBay version.

Thursday, October 25, 2018 4:10 PM