none
Expression web 2 is frozen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

when I try to open my program it will not open the web site. I tryed to put the disk in to fix it but still not able to open website. Does any body have any sugestions. When i try to log in with my password it looks like its going to open my website then it gives me there are no files in this folder and then says 425 could not open data connection to port 52460 then operation times out. 
    • Edited by Ronew Sunday, May 3, 2009 10:25 PM
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:48 PM

All replies

• Did you enter the product key during the install?
    Did you restart the computer?

FrontPage MVP
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:55 PM
  • Is it the program that won't open or the website? The first sentence is unclear.

Has the program ever opened that website? Have you used the program before? Have you edited the site with it?

If you have been using the program regularly in the past and this is a new problem, go to  http://www.95isalive.com/fixes/fpclean.htm and run that program. It may be that the program's cache has become corrupted.

Let us know.

Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:56 PM
  • yes it is expression web 2 and it is the way i always log in and open to edit.
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 10:41 PM
  • Yes I have been using it for months
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 10:43 PM
  • If using FP Cleaner to clear:
    The Hidden Temporary files.
    The Hidden Cache (*.web) files.

does not help go to Control Panel Add or Remove programs ( or the Vista equivalent if Vista )
    click On Microsoft Expression web 2 and then click Change, and then Repair when prompted.
    FrontPage MVP
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 10:55 PM
  • I down loaded the program. I am confuse do I need to open expression web 2 to clean it ? Do I just run the program ?
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 11:36 PM
  • Just run the program.
    If EW is open, you will be prompted to close it.

FrontPage MVP
    Monday, May 4, 2009 12:02 AM