none
EW4 stops loading RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday afternoon EW4 stopped loading on one of the machines in our office.

We run the application, get the usual green welcoming splash screen, which them goes away ... and nothing. Seems it just stops loading. 

Tried rebooting the machine (many times) and even re-installing - nothing helped.

Every other application we use runs as usual.

Anyone have any ideas why EW4 suddenly stopped loading and running?

Thanks.

Stabes

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 12:21 PM

All replies

• Since it is specific to one machine, it could be any of a dozen things, many of them unrelated to EW itself.  This is not something someone in a forum can diagnose for you.

Asp.net framework could be corrupted.  (EW may be the only program on the machine that requires it, so it would be the only one showing a problem.)

The disk could be becoming corrupted.  (If EW happens to be on the bad portion of the disk, again, other programs might not show a problem.)

Or something else could have been changed on the machine - and we have no way of knowing what.  You could try putting that machine back to an earlier restore point.

Most other things to try involve being able to open EW, but you can't, so...

You could try FPCleaner for EW4.  https://www.95isalive.com/fixes/ew4.htm  It's free, and you don't have to be able to open EW to run it.

Good luck.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:23 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:18 AM
  • I wasn't looking for a diagnosis, really just if anyone else has had a similar issue.

As you say, I'm quite sure it's nothing to do with EW given it's only started in the last 36 hours. The .Net framework is a good suggestion. I'll try reloading that as well as  rolling back a few days if all else fails.

Thanks for your response.

Stabes

Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:26 AM