none
Downloding server for desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to find the software for installing server on your desktop so that Expression Web pages will display.  I had it on window 7, but not I can't seem to find it for windows 10.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Friday, March 1, 2019 5:09 AM

All replies

• There is no special download for that.  Just install Expression Web 4 and it comes with it, and is installed as part of the EW install.  Make sure your site preview settings say to use the server.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Friday, March 1, 2019 5:51 AM
    Friday, March 1, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Hi Kathy,

I finally remembered what it was I was looking for...or at least I think I remember.  There was some sort of download or configuration so that you could view asp pages on your desktop.  I don't really remember how I set it up...or if it was part of  expression web install. 

Any help would be great.

Peter

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:44 AM
  • Are you talking about ASP pages, or ASPX pages?  Those are two different things and have two different answers.  If you mean ASPX pages, my first answer applies.  Nothing special needed, just preview your page using EW's development server.  For ASP you need to use IIS, make sure it's turned on for your PC and configured to run ASP, set up your site as a site running under IIS, and set EW's preview to use the IIS url.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:57 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2019 2:33 PM