none
Could not open site on Microsoft Expression Web after updating sharepoint

Question

• I have been using to update the webpage with .htm extension using microsoft expression web 4. I used to Open Site using the sharepoint link. However, when my team update the sharepoint and using .aspx extension. I could not open site again. Please help cos I have to download manually to the sharepoint each webpage that I made. 
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:02 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure what your question is.   If you are talking about opening a remote site using Expression Web, it's up to you to know what the connection credentials are, including knowing if they have changed.  The same applies if you are talking about publishing local changes up to a site, or copying down changes from the site to your local copy.  (Again, it's not at all clear what you are doing, or what you are asking.)

Remember, this isn't a SharePoint forum, and it's entirely possible no one reading your post uses, or has ever used, SharePoint, so please ask questions specific to Expression Web, in Expression Web terms.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:20 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:18 PM
  • I have no experience with Sharepoint, and I don't know if this will help you.

But one problem that people have had who have been publishing their site with an http:// type connection run into, is that their web hosting company stops using the Frontpage Extensions, so it is no longer possible to use an http:// connection.  

IF that is your problem, then you need to start using an ftp:// connection to upload your files.

And as Kathy said, you may need to contact your host and ask them what the exact address you need to use for connecting to your website is (especially if the required connection type has changed). Which (asking your host), by the way, is probably the best route to solving your problem in any case.

ClarkNK AKA HomePage Doctor
    Database Tutorials Using ASP.NET Controls
    My recommended web hosting company: RDOServers

Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:16 PM