none
Design View in EW 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (SP1) on a new hard drive as a corrupt file kept freezing up my PC. All of my EW websites are stored on a separate drive so nothing there was changed. Now when editing any page in EW4 (SP2), the Design window has a light gray background where it used to be white like the View window background is. Sites publish fine with white backgrounds so it's not a CSS issue or code sneaking into the .dwt file for the sites in question.  A couple of sites I have do have light yellow backgrounds and those show up in Design view as a much lighter yellow - that I'd expect. But I didn't (and don't) expect any pages with white backgrounds when published to have a light gray background in Design view.

I've looked everywhere for a setting to change the background in Design view to no avail. Any suggestions? I have the same two monitors, graphics card, etc. so it's not like my monitors got changed a different setting or the graphics card settings got changed to account for it; everything else is the same.

Friday, January 25, 2019 3:22 PM

All replies

• There is no setting to change the background in Design View.

Any area outside the actual page will be dark grey.

If you are using a DWT, the sections of the page that are part of the DWT will be light grey (un-editable) even when they have a white background.  But the editable sections, if they have a white background, will still be white.

The only setting that changes how EW looks - but does not change that white background situation I described above - is Tools -> Application Options  -> General tab,  check or uncheck "Use Windows current color scheme".   It might slightly change the dark grey color outside the page boundary.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Saturday, January 26, 2019 1:36 AM