none
Error: Cannot find video codec: Mts2

Question

• After I recorded a video with Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Screen Capture, I send it to Encoder which opens it and displays this error message (Error: Cannot find video codec: Mts2) as a status in the Media Content window for the video I transferred.

It has been working fine for 2 months and suddenly I always got this error message. How can I get rid of it, bearing in mind that I use this product not to have these codec issues?

I repaired Net.4 framework.

Friday, September 03, 2010 10:12 AM

Answers

• Thank you Lin,

If I could remember what I did, I would have solved most of my problem. The thing I still remember is that usually I was using "Encoding for Silverlight" with VC-1 broadband VBR. I had a problem and wondered whether using the "Apply Source Encoding Settings" would help and I think it was the starting point (not sure though). I have also reinstalled the product without any significant change.

What I also noticed is that when I load an .avi file I can see it playing (I could beforehand).

• Marked as answer by tibibou2 Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:23 PM
    Friday, September 03, 2010 5:44 PM

All replies

• tibibou2

Can you recall what you did to trigger this?

You said that you can use the product fine but just this message pops up when you open the .xesc file in encoder, am i right?

Lin

Friday, September 03, 2010 4:30 PM
  • Thank you Lin,

If I could remember what I did, I would have solved most of my problem. The thing I still remember is that usually I was using "Encoding for Silverlight" with VC-1 broadband VBR. I had a problem and wondered whether using the "Apply Source Encoding Settings" would help and I think it was the starting point (not sure though). I have also reinstalled the product without any significant change.

What I also noticed is that when I load an .avi file I can see it playing (I could beforehand).

• Marked as answer by tibibou2 Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:23 PM
    Friday, September 03, 2010 5:44 PM
  • Hi,
    The screen capture codec should have installed with encoder. If you check under installed programs it should be listed there as 'Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Screen Capture Codec'. If it is not listed then something happened and it was uninstalled. Doing a reinstall or the Sp or a repair should fix it if it is missing.

Tools->Options->Compatibility tab, make sure the proper codecs are enabled by checking the check box.

It works for me. You can try!!
    Thursday, November 05, 2015 8:39 PM