none
Trouble with Huggins email form RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have been using the Huggins email form script for several years for our vacation rental website. We use the form for guests to agree to the terms of our rental agreement.

At some point, when the person hits "submit", it gives a "500- Internal Server Error" instead of directing them to our "Thank You" page. I checked the link to our Thank You page and it is correct.

Has anyone else had a similar issue, or can you give me some guidance of how I should proceed? I can no longer find contact info for James Huggins on the internet.

Thanks!

Val

Monday, February 29, 2016 5:29 PM

All replies

• "500- Internal Server Error" is just what it says, a SERVER error. It may not have anything to do with the script at all (probably doesn't). Since the script has heretofore worked perfectly, you should contact your provider's tech support and explain that a script that has never before experienced difficulties is now throwing server errors. Ask them what they might have changed to cause this behavior to suddenly begin (hint: the script has not changed ;-).

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, February 29, 2016 8:10 PM
  • Is it possible that your host updated from PHP 5.3 to 7.1? This happened with us. We had to move our domains to a host that supported all versions because Huggins scripts don't work with PHP 7.1. 

Now I'm looking for an identical mail-to-form application that will work with Joomla which recommends PHP 7.1.

The form must be able to send an email to me and take the visitor to the next page in the tutorial seamlessly, without the visitors awareness. The email only contains the name of the page and the time.

The Community Support Group Project —live televised 10-person support groups.

Saturday, July 13, 2019 10:22 AM